Ready to upgrade, some questions?

I think the DVD format is capable of 480p.
I thought it was as well but couldn't find a clear answer. I think we (well, at least me) may be confusing "up-converting" DVD players with this though. Those took 480i DVDs and up-converted them to 480p.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the input.

I always assumed that it was the Dish box that was controlling things, because it only output in standard resolution from the channel 2 output.
I only used channel 2 to run to the DVD recorder, never had it hooked up to a second TV.

I can create full HD 1920 by 1080 video on my computer and never, thought about DVD format not being that high, I guess I'd have to use Blu Ray to do that?

I could do that with my computer but I don't have a Blu Ray player, so I never messed around with it.

I don't write the video to DVD from my computer, I just save it in Mpeg or AVI format for playback from my computer and it plays on my TV in HD via an HDMI cable.
I didn't' think about the DVD recorder not recording in HD, I guess that why my video card cost more then my amplifier.

The new TV is all set up and working via HDMI, so I got rid of a lot of cables and it looks great.
Now I'll give Dish a call and get the glitchy box replaced with a Hopper.

Thanks again for the input.

Mike

Hi

Well, the guys coming on Saturday to install the Hopper and 2 Joeys, one wireless.
It ended up costing me $145 for the install, $100 service fee plus another $45 for the wireless joey.

I told him that I'd never had to pay a fee for service before but he wouldn't back down so I gave up.
I guess there are no breaks for being a faithful long time customer, it's not how I ran my business.
But no one seems to care about keeping their customers happy anymore.

I didn't use the "I'll switch to Comcast it is already in my house" card, maybe I should have. LOL

Mike

If you have the protection plan, the install likely would have been "free". It's $8/mo and you have to keep it for a certain length of time before you can drop it without a $30 "penalty" (hence why I said the install would be "free").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)