Realigning Dish 1000+ for 118 Only, help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CCTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
United States
I am in the Corpus Christi, TX area. I have what I assume to be Dish 1000+, after looking at the pics, with four sat 110, 118, 119, 129 since I am getting international programming as well.

I looked at the Excel sheet for signal thresholds and everything looks around the average. I have been having issues with "some" transponders on 118; believe it or not during the heat (mid of day time). The signal on these transponders can be as low as 10 to 21. Other 118 transponders are around 40's.
I looked at the correct skew/elevation for my area and the antenna seems to be fine in that sense.

Is there a way to realign for better 118 without messing up the other sats? What is the best way to do so? I do not have a meter but I can have my wife read the signal strength values inside the house for me.

Add the protection plan and have a DISH Tech out, it sounds like your 118 LNB is temperature sensitive and needs to be replaced.

118 is the weakest to begin with and it doesn't take much to get it out of alignment

if you wan t to check it yourself, just gently push/pull the dish in differnt directions WITHOUT loosening any bolts and see if there is any change on the signal strength screen

try transponders 1, 7 or 11 - they should all usually be over 50

These transponders are actually used and they cause some "signal is lost" errors.

1, 7, 11 are all at 45 strength.

I am not sure if this is the best you can get these transponders for my location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts