Really close to do it...considering move from DTV to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, nothing is much more BS than saying Comcast is better...

When you put a TIVO on Comcast it's on the same playing field as Directv or Dish when it comes to quality. Picture looks awesome on my 55 inch LG OLED.

At least with Comcast you can get around all the fees by buying your own modem, or getting a TIVO with lifetime service and not paying any fees for additional Tv's. Then you can bundle your internet for more savings.

Reactions: dishrich
When you put a TIVO on Comcast it's on the same playing field as Directv or Dish when it comes to quality. Picture looks awesome on my 55 inch LG OLED.

At least with Comcast you can get around all the fees by buying your own modem, or getting a TIVO with lifetime service and not paying any fees for additional Tv's. Then you can bundle your internet for more savings.

Some people like Corvette's, some people prefer Ferrari's. I'm not getting baited into this argument

Reactions: ticmxman
Actually my Comcast with TIVO blows both Dish and Directv out of the water.

The only reason why I even keep DIRECTV is because it's free, and I just pay the $7 per addl receiver.

I really can't tell the difference between Dish, Comcast or Directv.

Granted the TiVo has some nice features, but all I do is record on my DVR and watch the recordings anyways.

TiVo with a Fios would be my preference, but I don't live one of the few places that is possible.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Your eyes must be getting bad considering that Comcast now puts out a bit-starved 720P picture which is one of the reasons why I left them.

Reactions: HipKat
Don't you have to pay for a cable card from Comcast per tv box you want service , I think it's around 7 dollars per card . I am not sure but I would be willing to call that a Fee .

Don't you have to pay for a cable card from Comcast per tv box you want service , I think it's around 7 dollars per card . I am not sure but I would be willing to call that a Fee .

The Tivo Mini's are comparable to a Joey & have NO monthly fees whatsoever; once you buy them outright, they're free to use.
One $7.50 cable card will service all 6-tuners on a Tivo Roamio DVR & you can have up to 3 Mini's simultaneously in use per Tivo DVR; 10 mini's max connected per account.

Reactions: ncted
NFL starts today

I prefer a couch, a remote, and a six pack.

And a recording in process siren.
Torture is getting home to Buffalo for the 1st time in 12 years, ironically sent here to work, not getting Sunday off when the Bills are opening the season on a gorgeous day vs a hated division rival.....

21432807_10213765909439225_6570125261261573072_n.jpg

21433278_10213765910399249_2029853172011107593_n.jpg

....and going right past the stadium an hour before kickoff to get to my next job....... :facepalm:

Torture is getting home to Buffalo for the 1st time in 12 years, ironically sent here to work, not getting Sunday off when the Bills are opening the season on a gorgeous day vs a hated division rival.....

21432807_10213765909439225_6570125261261573072_n.jpg

21433278_10213765910399249_2029853172011107593_n.jpg

....and going right past the stadium an hour before kickoff to get to my next job....... :facepalm:

As a Dolphins fan, staying away from the Buffalo Bills is probably better for you long term. And since they played the Jets, it's better that you double the distance you stay away. You're welcome.

Reactions: HipKat
The Tivo Mini's are comparable to a Joey & have NO monthly fees whatsoever; once you buy them outright, they're free to use.
One $7.50 cable card will service all 6-tuners on a Tivo Roamio DVR & you can have up to 3 Mini's simultaneously in use per Tivo DVR; 10 mini's max connected per account.

If all I had to worry about was a cablecard, I'd be a Tivo cable customer in a heartbeat. Alas, SDV means tuning adapters, which lull you into a false sense of, "hey, this totally hack of a solution actually works!" right before deciding to stop working altogether and causing all subsequent recordings on SDV channels to fail due to tuning issues. Having Charter involved where I live now make me even less likely to consider trying it again.

Tivo Minis are awesome BTW. If have a cable or fiber provider who does a good job of servicing Cablecard customers, Tivo is a great option.

Alas, SDV means tuning adapters

Not with Comcast; they've never used them on ours, or any systems...but Charter DOES, so understand where you're coming from on that.
BUT, at least Charter's HD lineup all but blows away any other provider's...so with that being said, if I had them as an option, I'd have no problem at least giving them a try.

Not with Comcast; they've never used them on ours, or any systems...but Charter DOES, so understand where you're coming from on that.
BUT, at least Charter's HD lineup all but blows away any other provider's...so with that being said, if I had them as an option, I'd have no problem at least giving them a try.

OK, I'll bite. How does the Tivo tune the SDV channels without a Tuning Adapter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts