Really disappointed with Dish and the Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I once had similar issues in our 2 Hopper 4 Joey system. Resolved them by assigning dedicated IP addresses to each Dish Hopper and Joey. Even though cabling was perfect, the Joeys would revert to trying to connect to their Hopper via IP rather than MoCA. So whenever the home Cisco router assigned new/different IP addresses, the Joeys could not find their Hopper. With the fixed IP addresses, the Joeys always "knew" where to find their Hopper.

I once had similar issues in our 2 Hopper 4 Joey system. Resolved them by assigning dedicated IP addresses to each Dish Hopper and Joey. Even though cabling was perfect, the Joeys would revert to trying to connect to their Hopper via IP rather than MoCA. So whenever the home Cisco router assigned new/different IP addresses, the Joeys could not find their Hopper. With the fixed IP addresses, the Joeys always "knew" where to find their Hopper.

I also assign dedicated IP addresses to each of my four Hoppers and one Joey in my Cisco router DHCP reservation table. Never had an issue so far.

Reminds me of a network printer that I had to give a static address to. Had issues until I gave it a static address.

I've used that trick too. It shouldn't work that way, but....

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you disable bridging then the Joey will only grab an IP from the Hopper.

Hit YELLOW - BLUE - SELECT - RED - choose MoCA - Hit BLUE - BLUE - select Bridging and disable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Update: I reconnected my Hopper with Sling to my Netgear N600 router using the 5G Wi-Fi instead of the 2.4G. So far, it has worked just fine for over 3 hours. I watched a video on my iPad through the network with no problem, but I had to watch it in standard quality to get it to stream. The 5G signal appears to be weaker according to the hopper signal meter ranging from 25-30, but it is still is still "green" and seems to be working. All TVs have shown all green MOCA indication since changing the Wi-Fi settings. I hope this fixes the problem permanently.

Update: I reconnected my Hopper with Sling to my Netgear N600 router using the 5G Wi-Fi instead of the 2.4G. So far, it has worked just fine for over 3 hours. I watched a video on my iPad through the network with no problem, but I had to watch it in standard quality to get it to stream. The 5G signal appears to be weaker according to the hopper signal meter ranging from 25-30, but it is still is still "green" and seems to be working. All TVs have shown all green MOCA indication since changing the Wi-Fi settings. I hope this fixes the problem permanently.

The 5 GHz doesn't seem to travel as well through walls and glass as 2.4, so that is why you are seeing a weaker signal strength.

We reticently ran into that at one job site where the outside walls were rock and it had double pane glass windows with a digital reader board outside on their sign, and we couldn't figure out why it wasn't getting signal. One of my coworkers actually stood outside the 2nd story window holding the 5Ghz router on the roof of the building and got great signal, but as soon as he came back into the building and closed the window, all signal dropped. When we swapped it to 2.4 GHz, we got good signal with the AP inside the building.

If you disable bridging then the Joey will only grab an IP from the Hopper.

Hit YELLOW - BLUE - SELECT - RED - choose MoCA - Hit BLUE - BLUE - select Bridging and disable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Now I'm a little confused. This could be the difference between 2 Hoppers and 1, but I have 1 Hopper and 2 joeys, have the hopper connected to internet and bridging turned on. The only real difference I can see between having bridging on vs it turned off is the apps don't work on the Joey's, but no matter if it's on or off the video works fine.

Now I'm a little confused. This could be the difference between 2 Hoppers and 1, but I have 1 Hopper and 2 joeys, have the hopper connected to internet and bridging turned on. The only real difference I can see between having bridging on vs it turned off is the apps don't work on the Joey's, but no matter if it's on or off the video works fine.

I am set up exactly like you are. I agree, without bridging, Apps don't work on the Joeys.

At the time OP said that the only way to fix it was to remove Internet connectivity completely. If the problem was with the router then if bridging were disabled it would allow the Joey to communicate with the Hopper again as the Joey would no longer be connected to the router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts