Really don't know what's wrong

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
To Fat Air,
Here are the diseq switch settings for the Pansat 250sm.
The pictures are the best I could do as the paper is high gloss
and the flash was impossible.

The Pansat site is back up.

Attachments

• 000_0197.jpg
    000_0197.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 000_0198.jpg
    000_0198.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 134
I think the PM just sent may help. Otherwise it may be a good idea to start another thread. Titled so that others with the same receiver can jump in and help with programming.

Hello shankle! I took a closer look at the block diagram and wondering why the splitter is used in the first place?.Im assumming your using your uniden just for controlling the actuator and storing the satellites.Couldnt find your model online but if it supports diseqC then i see that you only need a Diseqc 2 way switch.One output of the switch goes to your C Lnb and the other goes to your Ku LNB.The center conection goes to your IF in on your receiver.When you turn on the 22KHz switch on your pansat receiver!you will have a direct connection from your IF in to your C LNB and the KU gets disconnected.When you turn off the 22khz on your pansat the reverse will happen causing a direct connection from your pansats IF in to your Ku LNB and the C gets disconnected.Your hookup to the uniden stays as you have it except that wire going to the splitter isnt needed,This set up should work,unless theres something im missing,Take a look and see what fat has to say about it if you have questions.The way i have it set up here is that your uniden controls your actuator and stores satellite positions and your pansat receiver controls which LNB you want to use and then receives the signals from that LNB which is selected.

Hi Stanleyjohn,
I think it was to prevent burning up some of my equipment.

The Uniden sq530 is only used regularly to push the dish.
When having to find the sats, I use it to help me find analog
channels. Otherwise I have no base to work from. Even then
I am having a terrible of it.
Ex: AMC9 giving everything but Tuff TV. I tried going 20 clicks
East past 5157 thinking that what I was pulling in on AMC9 might
be AMC16. Have no way of checking as the list doesn't help and
lyngsat doesn't help. Found nothing at 5137 clicks. Baffeled.

The 22k switch is turned off as I have no idea what it does.
This is kind of over my head. Could you draw me a diagram
Please.
I have asked Fat Air to take a look at what you suggest.
Maybe the both of you can get me out of this quagmire.

I am using the software that came with the receiver.
I downloaded the latest bin from Pansat and it looks like
they haven't changed it in 2 years. And the directions are not clear.
Thanks

No problem!Ill see what i can whip up.PS The set up i discribled i think is pretty basic.The LNB i have has a built in Diseqc switch which switches between the c and the ku parts of my DMX741.The setup i discribed to you is the same as what i have except i have the built in Diseqc 22khz switch and using a v box instead of the uniden.In your receiver you should have a way of turning on and off the 22khz signal that provides the way of switching the diseqc switch to ku or c.By the way! Im not positive but fairly sure that digital satellite receivers receive analog signals from a satellite as well as digital.Im pretty sure that my solomend receiver has picked up both.ill see about a diagram unless fat beats me to it :) Stan

something like this?

The BSC621-2D has built in disqc. So there's little difference between the present feed and switch setup.
Digital STB's don't get analog feeds. The one channel has analog and digital presently, and IF I remember right, on the same transponder.

Attachments

• BSC621-2D.JPG
    BSC621-2D.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
The diagram that Fat just gave you is the same as what i described to you except i was using a external diseqc switch to supply the switching to two separate LNBs where the BSC621 like my DMX741 has one built in.

Yep- and basically, that's what we have now, external disqc sw. seperate lnb's. ( although using a splitter instead of the IF out) The disqc sw. seems to be defective(or improperly programmed) Luckily he's got a new disqc switch to try. Wish there was a manual onlne for his 250SM. BTW this diagram I drew for myself when I took out my servo feed. Then shortly afterwards, got rid of the analog and replaced it with a G-Box.(got rid of 1 remote)

Yep- and basically, that's what we have now, external disqc sw. seperate lnb's. ( although using a splitter instead of the IF out) The disqc sw. seems to be defective(or improperly programmed) Luckily he's got a new disqc switch to try. Wish there was a manual onlne for his 250SM. BTW this diagram I drew for myself when I took out my servo feed. Then shortly afterwards, got rid of the analog and replaced it with a G-Box.(got rid of 1 remote)

there is a manual!here http://www.pansatusa.com/download/Pansat_250SM.pdf

Hoooray!!!! I was there just a few days ago, and this was not there. This will absolutely help in the programming dept. (OK- I just looked again at the Pansat site, found it- one more demerit earned :( )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)