Really need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlyles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
SC
I hope you guys can give me some answers. Because of MLB EI, I switched from E* to D* yesterday. I still have a year left on my E* agreement. When I called to cancel E*, the lady (Linda) told me about the cancellation fee ($159.96, for the 12 months left on the agreement). That I expected. What she said next blew my mind because I have never heard, read, or seen anything about this. She told me because I signed up through a local retailer, I would also owe him a cancellation fee. So I called the local retailer. He asked what receivers I had (625 and 322). He then said I would owe him around $800 if I cancelled now. So I'm thinking about downgrading to Dish Family and taking the 625 and locals off the account. My bill should then be about $20.00/month until I can cancel. Is this what I should do? Any more ideas would be appreciated.

I hope you guys can give me some answers. Because of MLB EI, I switched from E* to D* yesterday. I still have a year left on my E* agreement. When I called to cancel E*, the lady (Linda) told me about the cancellation fee ($159.96, for the 12 months left on the agreement). That I expected. What she said next blew my mind because I have never heard, read, or seen anything about this. She told me because I signed up through a local retailer, I would also owe him a cancellation fee. So I called the local retailer. He asked what receivers I had (625 and 322). He then said I would owe him around $800 if I cancelled now. So I'm thinking about downgrading to Dish Family and taking the 625 and locals off the account. My bill should then be about $20.00/month until I can cancel. Is this what I should do? Any more ideas would be appreciated.

I think you should ask this in the E* forums.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)