Really Slow Today

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Substantial lag time on the forum this morning. From the time I hit the Post button until it posted was 28 seconds. Lots of little icons missing as well.

It burped again this morning around 9:30 EDT. It suddenly stopped responding although every other website I tried worked fine. After 15 minutes I gave up trying.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I was on at that time, and looking at the logs traffic seemed normal for that time.
I assume that both of you are reporting what you observed. If the logs you were viewing were error logs, but there was no error, then you would see nothing and yet it could be extremely slow for an unknown reason.

Likewise, the down detector might not flag SG if it's up but crawling, or radioguy was "seeing" a different internet path than the down-detector uses.

All is looking fine on the server. Load average is 0.27 as I look at it now.

But on Sunday there are a lot more things being done such as Daily Backup, Weekly Backup monthly Backup, uploading those backups offsite. Log rotation and archiving, Search engine being reindexed and so on.

Reactions: charlesrshell
All is looking fine on the server. Load average is 0.27 as I look at it now.
Just got a Network Protocol error between going through "What's New" and clicking on a post. Lost the site completely. Went to do something for several minutes, came back, and that post had finally come up by itself. Firefox 89.0.1, on a Dell laptop.

Site was crazy slow for me for a while late last night...every click was getting a blue bar scrolling across the top before going to the next page or posting comments. Does seem to be working much better this morning so far.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts