reccomend a good disque switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
who makes the best Diseqc switch ? i was thinking of going with:AXING-4 in 1 .Diseqc #209 .
swiss-20design.gif
. i had my fill of those $4.99 switches and wanted a good 1 ,supposing it costs another$15.00 more or so.i find those cheap switches loose signal ,also had 1 burn out ,i though i had an electrical fire .:confused: there got to be others out there as good or better?

who makes the best Diseqc switch ? i was thinking of going with:AXING-4 in 1 .Diseqc #209 .
swiss-20design.gif
. i had my fill of those $4.99 switches and wanted a good 1 ,supposing it costs another$15.00 more or so.i find those cheap switches loose signal ,also had 1 burn out ,i though i had an electrical fire .:confused: there got to be others out there as good or better?
anyone ?

I have used chieta diseqc in the past, and they worked excellent for me with and w/o an HH motor.

I've used BAFF (made in Germany), and they seem like a good Diseq switch. I've also heard good things about the Chieta switches too, but I've never used them myself.

Yeah, those cheap Diseq switches are garbage. I had two that went bad... a particular port would just quit working.

i also heard from a friend who recommend Chieta switches had nothing but good things to say .just wondering what else as i want to put it out doorse and just run 1 cable to the house .using it for g10r,97,101,125.write now i have cables from 4 dishes running in .i need something that is good in our climate .

I have one of these in my configuration too, but I can't comment on it yet, as it was just recently introduced into my mix. I have heard they are a good switch too. They have a 4 year warranty it looks like.

Another good one would be Spaun - again, German-made.

I have also had good results with Chieta switches.

I am using a Chieta switch as well. 3 years now and not one problem, it is under the dish in the elements as well. Now each port has something on it but it has never let me down!

They are made really strong, sealed well and heavy little suckers.

I know some of the big STB box manufactures use Chieta switches with their logo on them. I have one that says CNX on it. The one I am using since my setup has no company logo on it.

They are reasonably priced all over the net just by looking for the name. By reasonably priced I mean not silly cheep like 3 dollars.

You for the most part get what you pay for these days, if you pay a couple dollars for something don’t get disappointed that it fails or lets you down.

I have a brand new Chieta spare that came with my CNX box when if ever the one I am using now goes bad! Well, it's about a year new since I got the CNX box. Has never been used yet.

Good switch in my book and agree with the other guys here about them! :)

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Attachments

• Chieta switch.JPG
    Chieta switch.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Most if not all supplied diseqc switches that come with the FTA receivers are all junk re badged with their brand name. I always throw those away and get the Chieta ones. Best of all they are not that expensive for quality switch.

We've been selling the WS4120HD DiSEqC Switch for a while now and so far not a single failure. It's a good switch with a well built plastic box for use outside.

wow amazing looking switch and box. Ama keep you on my list for future purchase of that 4x1 (when needed) .

Thanks for 411 WSI

Otherwise I've used DMSI switches for a few years with no issues. These were outside under the C-Band table and got wet with no failures

I've blown 2 but that was due to rule #1....turn off the receiver when adding/removing a diseqc switch ;)

Otherwise I've used DMSI switches for a few years with no issues. These were outside under the C-Band table and got wet with no failures

I've blown 2 but that was due to rule #1....turn off the receiver when adding/removing a diseqc switch ;)

True Ice, I cooked one on a temp setup too before with power left on!

Hit the power off on the back or unplug it, some receivers (My CNX Mini) off on the front still throws power out to the Motor-Switch-LNB!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

$10.00 bux for the switch and casing is a killah of a price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)