OTHER Receivable Satellites

Lord348_8

Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Maryland, USA
Hi all

I am in Seattle area now. I want to set up satellite system ( dish, lnb, receiver,...) for KU band ( digital)

How can I find out which satellites are receivable for me ?
also
Can I get South America satellite as well ? which ones ?

Thanks alot

Hi all

I am in Seattle area now. I want to set up satellite system ( dish, lnb, receiver,...) for KU band ( digital)

How can I find out which satellites are receivable for me ?
also
Can I get South America satellite as well ? which ones ?

Thanks alot
Go to http://www.satbeams.com/footprints, select a satellite at the top of the screen, then zoom in and click your location on the map. A box will pop up showing what size dish you need to get it if you are in the footprint. Use http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html to see what channels are in the clear on each sat. :)

it shows me the satellite, but doesnt show the dish size :(
There was a thread recently where some people had problems getting the info box to show that data when they clicked their location on the map so perhaps that is affecting you too. I wouldn't really worry too much. A 90cm dish should get most FTA for you but if you want to try to pull in weak channels go with something bigger, like a 1.2 meter dish and motorize it. :)

Reactions: Lord348_8
any recommendation, which satellites ( KU band with 1.2 M) have worth to get ?
Depends on your interests, spoken language(s), etc). You will find a lot of varied international/US programming and news on 97W. There is PBS on 87W and 125W. 30W (Cubavision) has first run (and older) movies at different times throughout the week. You find other various channels throughout the arc and can also run blind scans to find news feeds, sporting events, etc which will appear on satellites at different times. :)

Last edited:
Also check Mike Kohl's (Global Communications) recently updated (2/15) list of satellites from 30W - 125W. This is a pretty good list of what programs are available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)