received wrong satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gardenman2002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
indiana
hey everyone,

gardenman2002 here.

Have an interesting issue. added a multiple lnbf bracket to my modified directv slimline dish. centered it on 97w.
installed another lnbf as you are looking at front of dish, to the right. had to raise it to peak signal and turn it to the left alittle.
instead of 91 or 93, since im using an analog meter, i peaked it to max then repeaked to max again after adjusting meter to half scale. i received 107 . my lnbf was turned to the left about 20 to25 degrees, and the signal was about 65- 70.!!So im wondering just how far out can i go to receive strong transponders on each side with this small dish being fixed?

Don't know how wide your dish 'sees' but if you are going for something closer than 107, I'd wager you have to put the lnbfs closer together. Somehow!
I'm about to try the same thing with an old primestar elliptical dish, for two birds that are 6 degrees apart.

Can you post some good pics of what you have done so far?

Are you trying for 91? If so put your lnb on the left of the other one from looking at the dish from front.

Six degrees off-centre is usually optimal, but depending on the satellite, some can be a lot further out, while others can suffer greatly even at six degrees. For example, 72 is a very strong satellite for me, I use to have it on my 75e 11 degrees off-centre with very strong signals (better than some that were a lot closer to centre). Currently on the 75e I have 74 at 13 degrees off centre, while the signals are not very strong, I probably get most feeds, and the satellite is going away anyhow!

Basically, give it a try and see what you get, if what you get is acceptable, keep it.

Hey gardenman2002 here.

I will try to upload some pics later. I dont have anything to take a picture with.:(. All this technology and i dont own a web cam, a camcorder,and the cellphone i own lacks camera too. It is a dtv dish. the dish, i have not measured but it is about 21\2 ft lengthwise and narowwer from top to bottom. I took some 1\2 plumbing pipe and when i found the center of dish
i then obtained an angle to the end of arm, then set an lnbf on a bracket and recreated angle to center of lnbf . I had to slightly bend bracket towards dish. i went outside and mounted dish on pole and using an analog meter looked for signal and moved lnbf inwards and outwards until i could peak no more. then marked hole , drilled and mounted lnbf.I will try to get a camera soon to upload pics.The next project will be multiple sats on a wildblue dish.

hey everyone,

gardenman2002 here.

Have an interesting issue. added a multiple lnbf bracket to my modified directv slimline dish. centered it on 97w.
installed another lnbf as you are looking at front of dish, to the right. had to raise it to peak signal and turn it to the left alittle.
instead of 91 or 93, since im using an analog meter, i peaked it to max then repeaked to max again after adjusting meter to half scale. i received 107 . my lnbf was turned to the left about 20 to25 degrees, and the signal was about 65- 70.!!So im wondering just how far out can i go to receive strong transponders on each side with this small dish being fixed?

This PDF may be useful in your installation. It was developed a few years ago and has some outdated satellite and channel names, but might be helpful.
View attachment Offset_LNBF_Mount_Lores.pdf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts