receiver 322 and legacy twin

phil337

Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
hey.
I have a 322 receiver that i want to take to my other house.I have a dish 500 with a legacy dual lnbf with two sw21's that i want to install.Will that receiver work with that legacy twin?The zipcode i am
taking the receiver to is 14120 and it says 236az, 28e, and skew 122.
Is this correct?This will be my first attempt at setting up a dishnet system.Also my 322 has a dp plus separator.Thank you for any help anyone can give.

Last edited:
First of All, legacy twin or legacy Dual?? If you have a legacy twin then you don't need the sw21. Second of all, to use that LNB, you will have to run 2 lines from the dish, one for each tuner, and you will not be able to use the Separator on the back of the receiver.

thanks for responding......its a dual.can i use the separator?Will the legacy dual work with the 322.thanks

are you sure its a dual?

Easy way to tell is if you can remove the whole LNB assembly at once, its a TWIN (also is twice the size)

A DUAL would remove one half with one LNB still there

If its a Twin, then run 2 lines ot the 322 and do a check switch

If its 2 duals, then you need 2 SW21's to combine the 110 & 119 together...then run 2 lines to the 322 and run check switch

Everytime you move the reciever from house to cabin and back you need to rerun a check switch

well you would need two legacy duals, one for the 119, one for the 110, then you would need to run a line from each of those into the SW21, then you would need 2 SW21, one for each tuner. When ever you use legacy equipment, you need to run 2 lines to the receiver. You will not be able to use the separator in this setup. Maybe the easiest thing for you to do would be to go on to ebay and buy a DishPro Plus Twin(DPP Twin). Then you could use the separator and only run one line.

thanks..... its two duals with two sw21's.are the two sw21's used for two seperate lines?one sw21 splits both 119/110?can you use separator?

No. The separator is only for the DPP LNB's as already mentioned above.

Right now you essentially have one LNB for each satellite (119 and 110). The SW21 combines them into one feed. So to feed one receiver, take one output from each LNB, run them to an SW21, then take the output from the SW21 to the receiver. The second SW21 can be used for the second receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts