Receiver corrupt

mrsfarmer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I turned my TV on yesterday and had a notice saying my receiver was corrupt and will have to delete all my content :shocked

There was no choice to hit Ok and let it delete all my recordings from the past 3+ years. Movies I recorded when I had 3 months of HBO, some watched some not yet watched. Some I loved to watch several times.

So was there anyway of backing up the receiver to another hard drive?
Too late for this time but maybe for the next time I have some great movies waiting to be watched.

Made me sick! SO upset! :mad::mad::mad:

I never wanted to update my receiver because of loosing my recordings, now I guess I can.

I turned my TV on yesterday and had a notice saying my receiver was corrupt and will have to delete all my content :shocked

There was no choice to hit Ok and let it delete all my recordings from the past 3+ years. Movies I recorded when I had 3 months of HBO, some watched some not yet watched. Some I loved to watch several times.

So was there anyway of backing up the receiver to another hard drive?
Too late for this time but maybe for the next time I have some great movies waiting to be watched.

Made me sick! SO upset! :mad::mad::mad:

I never wanted to update my receiver because of loosing my recordings, now I guess I can.

mrsfarmer,

The only possible solution would be to reboot the receiver, by unplugging it and trying to get it to reboot without erasing the hard drive. If it doesn't work you might be SOL.

If you have a a Dish HD DVR you can connect an external hard drive to archive your content, but you must pay a one time connection fee per account. Be aware your archived can only be played back on receivers on you account.

Some others have been able to use a computer with Linux to backup the actual data partitions of the internal Hard Drive of your receiver, if you have computer skills this is s possibility.

Non HD Dish DVR's do not have the ability to connect External Hard Drives.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts