Receiver download

cncace

Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
I had a VIP 222 installed that was recently changed out with another VIP 222 (the 1st. one kept locking up.) They also moved my dish and changed the grounding wires (tech said this was part of a new company policy).
I am getting a strange humming sound at 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. P.S.T. that cycles on and off. It is in a separate room from the receiver. Could the downloading of info cause such a noise?

It is a low frequency hum and it eventually goes off. Could the Dish equipment possibly cause this?

cncace in Burbank

I am getting a strange humming sound at 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. P.S.T. that cycles on and off. It is in a separate room from the receiver.
cncace in Burbank

Must.... control.... urge.....

Seriously though.... try moving the receiver around a bit and rearranging the cables behind it (not unplugging necessarily)... just spread them out a bit... there is a lot of metal stuff hanging off the back of our new receivers and one of these components could be touching an audio port or something else that is bleeding current....

If the tech changed around the grounding it's also possible that he caused a ground loop in your audio. When you say low frequency are we talking right around 60Hz? You can hear an example of what's called "Mains Hum" Here:Image:Mains hum 60 Hz.ogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If this is the sound you are hearing, it will be loads of fun to track down. If not, perhaps post a clarification of what you are hearing.

More HD for Hawaii and Alaska?

Lost 2nd Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)