Receiver fees and what is the most economical way to get a second receiver

nazareno7

Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
US
Greetings:

I’m planning on subscribing to Dishnetwork in two weeks. I have a couple of doubts. The main one is around receiver fees. For example, if I subscribe to Dish (TOP 200) with 3 receivers how much will be my monthly bill if I get all my receivers from Dish and how much will it be if I buy them on Ebay (I currently have 2, a 3800 and a 301)? Also, beside the discounted programming for one year versus the ability to cancel at any time, what are the advantages of entering a two year contract versus the month to month service?

Do second receiver fees apply if you add a second receiver that you own? Are you allowed to add additional receivers if you have a contract? Would it be cheaper to buy one (an inexpensive one) or get one from dish? Are these cost affected if you have a contract or you have a month to month contract? Sorry for the number of questions but these question reflect my currents doubts. Thank you very much.

Greetings:

I’m planning on subscribing to Dishnetwork in two weeks. I have a couple of doubts. The main one is around receiver fees. For example, if I subscribe to Dish (TOP 200) with 3 receivers how much will be my monthly bill if I get all my receivers from Dish and how much will it be if I buy them on Ebay (I currently have 2, a 3800 and a 301)? Also, beside the discounted programming for one year versus the ability to cancel at any time, what are the advantages of entering a two year contract versus the month to month service?

Do second receiver fees apply if you add a second receiver that you own? Are you allowed to add additional receivers if you have a contract? Would it be cheaper to buy one (an inexpensive one) or get one from dish? Are these cost affected if you have a contract or you have a month to month contract? Sorry for the number of questions but these question reflect my currents doubts. Thank you very much.

Nazareno7,

Dish has recently changed their equipment fees. All secondary receivers carry a receiver fee and that fee is the same regardless if you own it or least it from Dish.

Duo DVR Receiver $17
Duo Receiver $14
Solo DVR Receiver $10
Solo Receiver $7

Dish allows you have up to 6 Leased Tuners on your account. A Duo receiver has two satellite tuners and counts as TWO leased tuners. A Solo Receiver counts as one leased Tuner. Dish's Duo Receivers can be connected to 2 separate TV's. Each of the two TV #1 Output and TV#2 Output have their own remote. Be aware you can not record another Channel if you using both TV outputs at the same time, unless you have a HD DVR and connect a OTA signal to the OTA input only in this case can you use more than 2 Tuners at anyone time, the newer 722k has a OTA tuner module that has a total of TWO OTA tuners for a total of 4 Total Tuners (2 OTA and 2 Satellite, but it still only counts as 2 leased tuners).

If you wish to have more than 6 Leased tuners you will be required to purchase each additional receiver past the the 6 Leased Tuners, but again you will still have to pay the appropriate secondary receiver changes (see above). You can add secondary receivers at any time, you just have to complete your 24 month commitment. You are free to add or remove equipment at your discretion, or even downgrade your programing package as long as you maintain a Core programing package for the entire 24 month period. Be aware if your installation does not support enough satellite outputs for the additional receivers YOU will be required to pay for the upgrade to accommodate the additional hardware.

Entering into a 24 month commitment locks you into Dish service for the entire period in exchange for a free or little or no cash up front expense. Be aware Dish reserves the right to add or remove services or change the charges for the service at anytime. Unless you are a new subscriber or have not been a Dish subscriber for at least 6 months you will not be eligible for a discounted programing promotion.

Lastly Dish recently added a DVR fee per account if you have any DVR's on your account, in addition to the secondary receiver charges.

John

Last edited:
Monthy fees for additional receivers are the same no matter if you lease, own, contract or no contract.

There is no advantage to the customer of a two year contract unless you are a new customer. Then it is necessary to get all the deals and fee waivers that Dish may be offering. The only advantage to existing customers may be to qualify for some offer, upgrade, or promotion from Dish Network.

The most economical way to do it all is to lease everything from Dish and take advantage of all new customer offers, and then stay with them. You will get the latest equipment for the least upfront cost.

As for your receivers only the 301 is current meaning usable with current other hardware. Keep in mind You only need two receivers to run 3 (or 4) TVs with Dish Network.

Good luck!

Last edited:
what if im lasing 2 612s own 2 301 and want to activate 2 owned 322s will dish allow this all in all it would be 8 tvs

yes up to 6 total receivers. totaling 12 tuners.

the difference in fee for 322 instead of 625s is only 3 bucks more per receiver per month since you already pay the DVR fee of 6 bucks.

Me I only like watching a DVR....

plan on connecting to phone line, or expect audit nazi call... large number of receivers on a single account put you a subscriber of interest:(

The prices we have on equipment on Dishstore are very reasonable after the price decrease a few weeks ago.

We can compete really well agenst the stolen stuff being sold on ebay from shady sellers that may rip you off.

If you do a search, there has been more than one person who was not able to activate an Ebay receiver for one reason or another.

I bought a new 211k on eBay. Before I bought it I got the serial number and checked with Dish to make I could get it activated. It was OK and it works great. I don't know if it was stolen or not or from whom. If it was reported as stolen, I would image that Dish wouldn't have activated it.

Claude is right about his prices, though. I just ordered one from him for less than I paid on Ebay.

my bill went up 13.00 a month. I have a 622 AND A 508. I have not even turned the 508 on in the last two months..I thought that charlie said the 500 series receivers were grand fathered in when they started to charge for dvr use years ago. also,can they turn the recording part off in the 508,since I never use it and save some money?

my bill went up 13.00 a month. I have a 622 AND A 508. I have not even turned the 508 on in the last two months..I thought that charlie said the 500 series receivers were grand fathered in when they started to charge for dvr use years ago. also,can they turn the recording part off in the 508,since I never use it and save some money?

The 508 should only cost you $7.00 extra and the 622 should be considered your primary receiver. You should also have only ONE dvr fee of $6.00 for your account and it would cover all dvrs on your account. So you should only see your bill go up by $2.02 a month.

The 508 should only cost you $7.00 extra and the 622 should be considered your primary receiver. You should also have only ONE dvr fee of $6.00 for your account and it would cover all dvrs on your account. So you should only see your bill go up by $2.02 a month.

:up

If we buy a Duel Receiver right now, do we still pay 14.00 + 5.00 in fees?

If it is not your primary receiver, then:

DVR with two outputs = $17 per month

Non-DVR with two output = $14 per month

DVR with one output = $10 per month

Non-DVR with one output = $7 per month

The $5 fee for additional receivers is gone (replaced by the above).

You are saying that if we have a second Duel Receiver, we only need to pay 14.00 bucks. I read somewhere they added a 5.00 connection or some fee. Can you confirm???

The $5 connection fee is no more.

It has been rolled up into the new equipment prices that went up on 2/1/10.

Additional Duo tuner dvr equipment price:

Additional receiver fee- $7.00.
Tv 2 connection fee- $5.00
Dvr fee- 5.00
----------------------------------
$17.00

Additional hd duo receiver equipment price:

Addtional receiver fee- $7.00
Tv2 connection fee- $5.00
Dvr fee- 0.00
Because we can- $2.00
------------------------------------------
$14.00

It has been rolled up into the new equipment prices that went up on 2/1/10.

Additional Duo tuner dvr equipment price:

Additional receiver fee- $7.00.
Tv 2 connection fee- $5.00
Dvr fee- 5.00
----------------------------------
$17.00

Additional hd duo receiver equipment price:

Addtional receiver fee- $7.00
Tv2 connection fee- $5.00
Dvr fee- 0.00
Because we can- $2.00
------------------------------------------
$14.00

Which is why it is no more.

The prices we have on equipment on Dishstore are very reasonable after the price decrease a few weeks ago.

We can compete really well agenst the stolen stuff being sold on ebay from shady sellers that may rip you off.

I resent that.. I have never sold a stolen or leased receiver on Ebay.. If I put it on Ebay you can take it to the bank that it is clean and in working condition.. So please don't lump all Ebay sellers into one category.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)