Receiver motor control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
Hi, I am new on the forum but have been reading for four weeks now. I am putting a system together and have a couple of questions. I am really only interested in FTA. The LNB I am getting is the Tracker ll and a 36" dish. The concern I have is with the motor control of receivers. I read where some pretty good name brands do a bad job. I don't really need a USB or PVR unit. I've come down to two units which I believe have good quality motor control. The Fortec Mercury ll and the CNX Mini, which may have better picture quality. Any input before I purchase a unit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My experience with motors has been varied! Both the single and dual button SG2100 is problematic, when switching between receivers it tends to loose its zero reference. Which
forces you to do a manual reset to get back to operational status. Also if you power down
the receiver while the dish is moving you will also loose zero reference point. The motor works well, you just have to be aware of the issues.
Now the Stab HH-90 was the best Ive used and does not have any issues Iam aware of.
The HH-100 and HH-120 their gear is spring loaded so in high winds you will have intermittent signal. Usals works great with just about any receiver, but Diseqc 1.2 is a whole
nother story. The SatCotrol motor has a built in switch that automatically moves the dish six
degrees offset when you switch to port 2 or the second lnbf. Which is a pain if you use the
Invacom lnbf QPH-31.

I would recommend the Mercury II with a Sadoun Powertech Motor (i.e. DG280 or DG380)

If your dish has the 1 5/8" ID bracket, then get the 42 ( 1 5/8") shaft on the motor.
If your dish has the U-Bolt bracket, then get the 50 ( 2") shaft on the motor is recommended.

Thanks Sadoun and ng54. Since it is my first system I want to make a good choice. I really want to scan a lot for wide feeds. If I do decide on the Mercury, I will be down to see you Sadoun.

Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)