Receiver not seeing antanna

rockhound49

Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
I have recently tried to move my Dish unit into my RV and am having problems. I am moving out of our house so thought I would take a reuse the antenna and cable so that everything would be the same. When I got everything hooked up and roughly allined I had no signal. Ran check switch and only got a red warning that there was no connections. Bought new cable and a better mount for the antenna but still no connection and of course no signal. I have a Dish HD Turbo antenna and 722k Dvr. Where do I go from here?

What port on the LNB do you have the coax connected to? Is it RG-6 coax?

Any additional info you can provide about your location, LNB, and setup would be great.

I finally got home. The switch page shows 1K.2. I had tried both of the ports coming from the dish. Right now I'm on the one w/o the ground. Just did a hard reset (unplug for 30 sec) and resting switches. Says one of the inputs or switch no connected properly. Have one wire from dish to the splitter that was on Sat 1 and Sat 2 inputs. Status screen shows Reception ERROR with Switch SOP 1K.2 w/Separator. About all I know.

Don't really know. It has 3 horns. I opened it up and port 1 & 2 has connection. 3 don't and there was nothing on the input jack. That's the way it was when I took it off the house.

I think I got the cable right. I did briefly get a sign up that said wrong sat. I'm at 52632., I didn't have to change the angle or scew but having a problem with the proper direction to point the dish. Do you point the ARM or use the seam on the dishes clamp?

as long as you haven't went far enough to require a change on elevation or skew pointing your dish shouldn't be to bad. First off make sure the mast that you are using to mount the dish to is plumb. Also if you disconnected it the seperator on the back of the receiver check to make sure you reinstalled correctly (it won't work upside down). Be sure you have a clear line of sight to the sats you're trying to point at (you mentioned 1.2k, and that's going to be 119* 110* 129*) , and point the dish in that general direction, but maybe off to the left of where they should be. Snug up the bolts that tighten the polar plate the the mast enough that the dish isn't sagging on the mount (hence affecting your elevation), but not so tight you can't adjust the azimuth. Set the receiver on the point dish screen, and select sat 119* (transponders 14,15,16 should all be strong enough. Just pick one.). Slowly very slowly (The signal strength meter on a 722k isn't a fast responding unit, and may take a few seconds to lock once it sees a acceptable signal.) adjust the Az swinging the dish around to the right till you get a lock. If you will be travailing with this set up. I would strongly suggest you get a signal strength meter to aid in pointing rather than pulling your hair out trying to use the built in meter of the 722. It's just to slow. There is also a nice app from Dish Pointer for Android, and for the iPhone that can greatly help you with finding a good LOS. Oh, it doesn't matter what output you use on the LNB as long as you're on an output, and not the input.

Rockhound49- I do this all the time in my camper. Everything Scoobyxj said is correct. You have to make sure it is plumb and level. It will not work if it is not. I have a mast screwed into a concrete block that I set on the ground. Check plumb and level, aim SW to 219 degree. You aim with the seam on the back of the clamp. I have a little walmart round compass hanging right there to get me in the general area. I actually set the tv outside while doing this to see the signal. Move dish right and left to find signal. It does take a few seconds for the receiver to pick up the signal while adjusting.

One other thing, I can not run this setup through the internal cabling in the camper. Somewhere I read that the over the air antenna amp will not pass these frequencies.

pitstop66 said:
Rockhound49- I do this all the time in my camper. Everything Scoobyxj said is correct. You have to make sure it is plumb and level. It will not work if it is not. I have a mast screwed into a concrete block that I set on the ground. Check plumb and level, aim SW to 219 degree. You aim with the seam on the back of the clamp. I have a little walmart round compass hanging right there to get me in the general area. I actually set the tv outside while doing this to see the signal. Move dish right and left to find signal. It does take a few seconds for the receiver to pick up the signal while adjusting.

One other thing, I can not run this setup through the internal cabling in the camper. Somewhere I read that the over the air antenna amp will not pass these frequencies.

If you are running it through cable inputs on a camper it won't work. If you have sat inputs it will. Cable inputs go to a booster behind the main wall plate. Usually in the living room. Try by passing the wall plates to see if that works.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)