Receiver Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Don't look for one soon.

The major obstacle is obviously getting the HDMI signal to the other TV. The solutions often cost as much or more than an additional receiver with few of the benefits.

Don't look for one soon.

The major obstacle is obviously getting the HDMI signal to the other TV. The solutions often cost as much or more than an additional receiver with few of the benefits.

Not an issue at all. Take a look at the HDMI cables over at monoprice.com

I have a 75 ft cable working with no problems.

Not an issue at all. Take a look at the HDMI cables over at monoprice.com

I have a 75 ft cable working with no problems.

It's VERY much an issue - not everyone CAN get a 75' cable to another TV w/out tearing thru finished walls/floors, etc, particularly thru a multi-story house. :confused:

Now, if it was done wirelessly, then it WOULD be a viable option.
I have read about a couple companies working on "wireless HDMI", but I do not believe they have come to frution yet, or are just getting started.

Bottom line - if you want HD on another set, you'll need to pony up for another box...

I think we're more likely to see a QAM modulator for serving a second TV in the next generation of boxes. Very few people have HDMI running around their house, but just about everbody has coax in their walls.

Is there a dual tuner Dish receiver or DVR receiver that will put out dual HDMI so that I can get HD out of both?

IF you can run an HDMI cable to the 2nd TV you can watch HD programming on 2 sets. Mirrored, of course--same channel, same time via the TV1 tuner. Use component at the TV by the receiver and run HDMI to the other set. All outputs are "hot" at the same time. You'll need another TV1 remote or take your existing one to the other location to control the TV1 tuner. You'll also need to use the composite (RCA) audio outs to get sound to the 1st TV or use the Digital Audio out to send it to your surround sound system. I do this on my 622 and 722. I realize getting the HDMI cable to a 2nd set isn't possible for a lot of folks though.

monoprice.com is THE place to get your cables. Great prices and fast service!

Ed

It's VERY much an issue - not everyone CAN get a 75' cable to another TV w/out tearing thru finished walls/floors, etc, particularly thru a multi-story house. :confused:

Now, if it was done wirelessly, then it WOULD be a viable option.
I have read about a couple companies working on "wireless HDMI", but I do not believe they have come to frution yet, or are just getting started.

Bottom line - if you want HD on another set, you'll need to pony up for another box...

We also have not explored the hdmi over ethernet option either. :D

IF you can run an HDMI cable to the 2nd TV you can watch HD programming on 2 sets. Mirrored, of course--same channel, same time via the TV1 tuner. Use component at the TV by the receiver and run HDMI to the other set. All outputs are "hot" at the same time. You'll need another TV1 remote or take your existing one to the other location to control the TV1 tuner. You'll also need to use the composite (RCA) audio outs to get sound to the 1st TV or use the Digital Audio out to send it to your surround sound system. I do this on my 622 and 722. I realize getting the HDMI cable to a 2nd set isn't possible for a lot of folks though.

monoprice.com is THE place to get your cables. Great prices and fast service!

Ed

So if what your telling me is correct. It would work on my 211 if the HDMI wasn't fried from the original release which they never sent me a replacement (the second time it blew) Perhaps another 211 or 722 sounds good. If I remember right, a switch 21 can split my signal for two receivers, right? The TV are on opposites sides of a wall, easy upgrade for the 47" LCD in the bedroom.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm not really familiar with the 211. I'm guessing that your remote is IR and you don't have the option of using a UHF remote to control the TV1 tuner from another room. :confused: I'm sure one of the tech gurus will chime in shortly. A 722 or 622 will absolutely work because you have UHF capablity from a remote location. In one case my 2 HDTV's are 2 rooms apart. I used HDMI to the 2nd HDTV by going outside and back in to it. We had a really bad winter last year and I never had a problem. I pretty sure the 211 would work (with a functioning HDMI output) but don't think you could control the tuner from the other room.

Ed

Forgive my ignorance but I'm not really familiar with the 211. I'm guessing that your remote is IR and you don't have the option of using a UHF remote to control the TV1 tuner from another room. :confused: I'm sure one of the tech gurus will chime in shortly. A 722 or 622 will absolutely work because you have UHF capablity from a remote location. In one case my 2 HDTV's are 2 rooms apart. I used HDMI to the 2nd HDTV by going outside and back in to it. We had a really bad winter last year and I never had a problem. I pretty sure the 211 would work (with a functioning HDMI output) but don't think you could control the tuner from the other room.

Ed

IR to UHF pyramid will do the trick. That is the biggest issue I have with the 211 over the 811...absence of built-in UHF

So if what your telling me is correct. It would work on my 211 if the HDMI wasn't fried from the original release which they never sent me a replacement (the second time it blew) Perhaps another 211 or 722 sounds good. If I remember right, a switch 21 can split my signal for two receivers, right? The TV are on opposites sides of a wall, easy upgrade for the 47" LCD in the bedroom.

I don't believe the switch 21 can handle the band stacked frequencies that DPP lnb's send out.

If you have two cables going to the 722 then the sw21 might work to a 211, but not for the stacked signals off a dpp lnb to another dual tuner DVR.

This is not what 21 Switches do.... sorry to say but you need a dedicated line from your Dish (or 44 Switch) to each receiver.

I'm just going to buy a 722. I'll have a 622 downstairs which feeds the theater and bedrooms on second output and the 722 in the livingroom and feed the master bedroom through the wall. Will be nice with double the recording capacity

I think we're more likely to see a QAM modulator for serving a second TV in the next generation of boxes. Very few people have HDMI running around their house, but just about everbody has coax in their walls.
The problem with using simple modulators is that it doesn't provide the two-way full handshake communications that HDMI and HDCP require. It doesn't matter whether it is simple ATSC or QAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts