Receiver question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you wanted to use video hookups on both TV's or had a sound system on both TVs other then that I really could'nt think of anything else.

As a newbie I am having trouble finding how to actually post a message to the forum rather than just reply ... but anyway, here is my question. I want to buy a 522 receiver and hook both outputs to my one TV (it has two sets of video inputs) and run it in single mode. That way I can record two programs. DISH tells me I MUST have 2 TV's but I don't see why.

hughesrh said:
As a newbie I am having trouble finding how to actually post a message to the forum rather than just reply ... but anyway, here is my question. I want to buy a 522 receiver and hook both outputs to my one TV (it has two sets of video inputs) and run it in single mode. That way I can record two programs. DISH tells me I MUST have 2 TV's but I don't see why.

on the page that has all the subjects of the posts, look for forum tools in the right top.

you don't have to have two tvs. you can have one tv and use it so it does picture and picture.

welcome to satellite guys. make sure to visit often. lots of good stuff here.

The obvious benefit with two receivers is if one fails you still have the other working. A 522 or 322 fails you loose your viewing completely.

hughesrh said:
What korsjs said.

But also, it sounds like you are mixing features of the two modes - dual (or "duel" sometimes) and single. If you use dual mode, you will need to use the two sets of outputs (TV1 & TV2 on the back of the receiver). However, in single mode, all outputs are always showing the same thing (unless you turn off "shared viewing").

For going into one TV, you can use either mode, but I recommend single mode (as you state above). Then you only need to use up one input on your TV. Also, both remotes that come with the 522 will function interchangeably. In dual mode, you would always have to keep the TV1 remote for tuner 1 / output 1, and the TV2 remote for tuner 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)