Receiver reccomendation please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sunblock90

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I have 3 Direct TV receivers that are dying. Model DRD435RH. They are 4 years old and were supplied by Direct TV. should I give them a call to see what they can do for me for new ones, or should I go buy something at Best Buy? I rarely record anything and play DVD's once a week.

What should I get? Thank you.

I have 3 Direct TV receivers that are dying. Model DRD435RH. They are 4 years old and were supplied by Direct TV. should I give them a call to see what they can do for me for new ones, or should I go buy something at Best Buy? I rarely record anything and play DVD's once a week.

If I were you, I would give D* a call and see what they can do for you, chances are you will get them cheaper thru D* than full price at a retail place.

If you don't need a DVR, I would go for the H20, it's mpeg4 capable and will get you all the new channels that D* is now delivering.
You may not have HD now, but you will in the future, the H20 is a HD rec. that you can use for HD or SD, you willalso get an upgrade on your dish as well, The dish will be a free upgrade if you get the rec. from them.
If you go thru BB or wherever locally you will not get the dish and would have to pay for it later when you need one.

Jimbo

DVRs are more than just recording.They also have a live buffer that you can stop the program when you get a phone call,or need to go to the toilet ect.ect..Then restart and finish the program that you were watching without missing any part of the program, for commericials you just need to fast forward.If your tired of missing parts of your programs your trying to watch due to interruptions,then this DVR is for you!.:hatsoff:

I would first call DirecTV to see what they can offer you.:)

I would definitely get at least one DVR if they'll give you one for free (or even for a fee if you're willing). I'm sure they'll set you up with equipment that's that old.

I'm sure you're read this before, but a DVR will completely change the way you watch TV. Even if you don't think you'll get use out of it, believe me, you will. As already mentioned, its not just about recording. But once you see how easy and convenient it is, your recording habits will probably increase. We don't time shift as much as a lot of people, but we set up season passes to ensure we always see our favorite shows. If we see them live, great, but if we happen to be busy or running late, we won't miss anything. Others basically don't even watch live TV any more because they can time shift and remove commercials.

As mentioned, if you use it for nothing else than pausing when the phone rings or rewinding when for a "what did they say?", you will love it. Probably more than you ever dreamed.

We have 4 receivers, and all are DVRs. Why? Because we can! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)