Receiver Repair Shops

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbshelton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2008
Kountze,Texas
I have 3 older C-band receivers (4DTV and a couple of Toshibas) that don't work any more. I have decided that if I can get one repaired, I'm going to give the old C-band setup another try. Any suggestions on a repair shop? Has anyone used Professional Satellite Repair (psr1.com) before? If so, what kind of results?

Welcome to the group :)

the older toshiba's probably aren't worth repairing , you can get another one for a little more than shipping off ebay . they are only good for analog and what few videocipher channels that remain.

the 4dtv it depends on what is wrong. repairs could get expensive so it might be cost wise VS repair just as easy to buy a new receiver . the repair shop i hear about most here on the fourms is ATS-Electronics they do have a basic price list up on their site for repairs.

some here use the 4DTV for subscription service and others use it and the other analog receivers for dish movers and hook us a newer digital receiver (DVB) for scanning the skys.
there are also other options for moving a big dish via one of the DVB receiveers if you would like to go that route.

if repairs are easy to make and your up to it maybe one of the members can walk you through it.

and if you have any questions just ask ... this is a very good and friendly group :)

My analog receiver is not much more than a dish positioner and servo motor controller.
An occasional feed every now and then. Not much more. Ebay has analog receivers.

Wonder how we are going to control our feedhorn servos when all the analogs are extinct and dead?

I don't think anyone manufacters one anymore.

What 4dtv do you have? if it's a 905 you can repair it and then sell it and get a new 922, if it's a 920 and the battery is dead then it's junk, ATS can't get main boards for 920's anymore, if it's a 922 it should be worth it to fix.

Thanks for some things for me to think about.
It's a 920. How can I tell if the battery is dead? The repair shop I am talking about charges $55 for parts and labor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)