Receiver Replacement Recommendations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

music4praise

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
West Michigan
Currently I have a model 3000 receiver that is getting flaky so I need to replace it. It is connected via an SW21 switch to two dish 300s pointing at 110 and 119. It all legacy equipment. I am not interested in upgrading to HD so basically I just want a good SD receiver that I can swap in for the model 3000. DishStore has a model 322 for $64.99 that looks like it would work but I would like some recommendations as well as pros/cons of the various choices.

TIA

A 311 would be the upgrade to that 3000. 322 is a dual tuner ( works 2 tv's) and I don't believe it would work correctly without running a 2nd sat line down from the dish, unless you upgrade to a DPP lnb. I'm not real familiar with the old legacy lnb's/switches as they predate my time at Dish, I just know I remove them when I come across them in the field.

If you can run that Legacy signal through the separator on the 322 then it should work fine in theory, but if you don't intend on hooking up a 2nd tv then there's really no benefit vs a 311.

311 would be the drop in replacement. I think a single 322 should work to replace both 3000's if you could get both sat feeds to it's location. You would then also need a cable from the 322 to the second TV location.

The 322 would save the extra receiver fee each month. Just have to decide if the cabling changes are worth the trouble.

311 would be the drop in replacement. I think a single 322 should work to replace both 3000's if you could get both sat feeds to it's location. You would then also need a cable from the 322 to the second TV location.

The 322 would save the extra receiver fee each month. Just have to decide if the cabling changes are worth the trouble.

Umm, the OP has ONE Model 3000 hooked up to ONE TV, according to his post. The 311 will do him just fine. Maybe you are confusing the 2-300 dishes he has aimed at 110 and 119...

yeah the 311 would be an upgrade...The 3000 had the flaky EPG that went an hour out and I dont think they had timers on it

If you upgraded to the 322 all you would need is another SW21 to combine the 110 & 119 LNB's together
(and a cable run to the 2nd TV)

If you upgraded to the 322 all you would need is another SW21 to combine the 110 & 119 LNB's together
(and a cable run to the 2nd TV)
I am slightly puzzled here. Are you assuming I have dual LNBs? My thought with the 322 would be to use one satellite input and ignore the other one. Right now I have the SW21 outside and one cable running into the house.

its very possible you have 2 single LNB's. You'd have to look at the LNB to see if there is one output or two. If there is two then you could use both tuners

Why get a 322 if you are only gonna use one tuner? I dont think it will even operate right with one tuner only (my dad has one and I remember setting it up you needed 2 inputs)

Sorry to disagree with everyone but I am going to suggest a 211. A 211 will future proof for HD and with the addition of a hard drive it can bcome a DVR, it also has a ATSC tuner for OTA digital reception. A 211 will work as a SD receiver with only 110 & 119 satellite locations. Seeing your TV won't last forever and only HD TVs are being sold now any replacement of the TV will require a HD receiver.

Sorry to disagree with everyone but I am going to suggest a 211. A 211 will future proof for HD and with the addition of a hard drive it can bcome a DVR, it also has a ATSC tuner for OTA digital reception. A 211 will work as a SD receiver with only 110 & 119 satellite locations. Seeing your TV won't last forever and only HD TVs are being sold now any replacement of the TV will require a HD receiver.
Will the 211 play nicely with legacy LNBs?

And the 211 will probably be the same price ( usually free) as any of the SD models - $50 at most on lease.

And the 211 will probably be the same price ( usually free) as any of the SD models - $50 at most on lease.
Prices for the 211 on eBay seem to be around $100. I don't want to get into any leasing commitments. Anyway I found a 311 for about $20 that has a purple card and is clear to activate--works for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts