Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hi, folks.
Just got my new c-band lnb, ( B1Sat Stack) from Sadoun.
However I do not know the receiver settings.
Anyone???

Well, now... I hope you can use that LNBf...

It's band-stacked.
There should be a proper data sheet linked from the Sadoun site, but I don't see one
edit: here it is on the Eagle Aspen site....oh, well that was worthless! :)

You might look on this Sadoun page, as it's a bit more clear: 17K B1 SAT Stack C-Band LNBF
Note the LO information: Lower Band 5.15 GHz, Upper Band 5.75 GHz
One is really all the vertical transponders , and the other is horizontal.
If your receiver has Bandstacked LNB as a choice, just go for it!

Personally, I like bandstacked LNBs, and have considered that unit.
So, nothing against it.
But you may have gone astray by something on the web site saying:
Voltage-Controlled H/V Switching (13/18V)
That is either wrong or misleading. I'm going with: wrong

Well, I got it working sort of, the jury's still out.
I selected OCS type lnb in my cs/6000 setup menu which automatically loaded the 5150 and 5750. and blind scanned.
I'm on 99w. 2 weeks ago I finally got the BUD on a pole and got around to setting it up this weekend....
Now, 2 weeks ago, I was getting a bunch of feeds form 99w, CBS Carribean etc now all I get are WHT, LESEA and some others, and a few radio channels.
Either it's not switching or 99w made changes, I don't know...
I think you may be correct when you say the info is wrong, or misleading.....
I have yet to buy one of these things that came with instructions

although it sounds like that setting will work
this is what i would do

goto set up and set it back to single and 5150

goto blind scan and pick 99w then goto TP and set it for the range you want normal i think is from 03.400 to 04.200 ghz you should set this range to 03.400 to 04.800 ghz

see if that will ....work if not set it back to ocs and check those ranges

yeah i kinda guessing .... this was one of the lnbf's i was thinking about for a multifeed
i think they should all come in a verticals so it should take the H's and place them up on the higher range freq.

Might want to speak to Jerryt. I know he has been dealing with a lot of FSS KU bandstacked lnbs. I though that you had to change your reciever to a different lnb type. From what I've read, on the ku side, the verticals come in normal int he 11.7-12.2 range while the H come in on V but at the 13.3 ~ range.

I believe that you had to set your LNB to 13xxx so that the receivers can see both ranges. I might be totally off on this but Jerryt might know :)

EDIT:

check out this thread on the KU bandstack

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/107850-bandstacking-technology-thoughts.html

All rightey then, I gave it a go, still got 18 channels, doubles of 9. LESEA,WHT-1, WHT-2
MyTV-HD, MYtv SD, Red Canal 2,5 and 9 , ABC HD NET-21

Can anyone take a look at G-16 and let me know if there are more than 9 tv channels available at present??
I was getting Carribean ABC I think, and a channel from Wyoming, now since the new LNB and pole mounted BUD I only get those mentioned above

Those are all horizontal channels i believe.

I don't think that 5150 is the right LBO. I think that there is a setting in between 5150 and 5170 that should get all of them (V and H) if they are anything like the fss lnbs

I bet that if you rescaned using 5170 that you will get another list of different channels. (all of them vertical)

Try that and report back.

A scan at 5.180 yelded the following: MyTv SD, MyTV HD WHT-1, WHT-2, LESEA Network,
Red Canal 2,5,9, ABC HD NET-21
GDMX 1 thru 6, Service name, Walter Payton, TV 2-3152v, TV 2-3152h
A scan at 5.150 also yielded the same channels. Also got doubles.

Settings: lnb= Single
Lnb Freq = 5180 or 5.150

Here's another question: how do I know I have the lnb PHYSICALLY in the correct polarization as there are no markings on the case???? or does this not matter.
Another thing I just noticed, is the radio channels have what I'll refer to as crosstalk,
sort of like a worn 8-track tape. Can my skew be off ? I should be at 25.6 deg for my location, i think I'm close according to my digital angle finder, or is the receiver hearing both polarities at once.
This thing is driving me crazy

All rightey then, I gave it a go, still got 18 channels, doubles of 9. LESEA,WHT-1, WHT-2
MyTV-HD, MYtv SD, Red Canal 2,5 and 9 , ABC HD NET-21

Can anyone take a look at G-16 and let me know if there are more than 9 tv channels available at present??
I was getting Carribean ABC I think, and a channel from Wyoming, now since the new LNB and pole mounted BUD I only get those mentioned above

you are getting a mix of H & V so that is weird

I only have a LNB for H on 99 (old LNB) and get the following
Wyoming NBC
That religious channel (KCHF??) on 3790
WHT (3 channels and a bunch of audio)
Carribean mux (5 channels)
My HD & SD

so that is 12 right there...throw in the couple of mexican feeds and its around 17 or so...ABC HD is on V

I would set it for 5750 and scan just vertical. Here is why

Vertical on a stacked system is the same...H is higher. So if you scan the V side it will scan from 4800 down to 3600...the V side is between 3600-4200 and the H (now V is on between 4200-4800).

Try it just with 5750 as the LO

Might want to speak to Jerryt.

It is hard for me to determine the logic of this LNB from the specifications.

But we can determine the logic with four scans!

1) Scan with 5150 and all freqs (change all the H's to V) for chosen satellite set as V
2) Scan with 5150 and all freqs (change all the V's to H) for chosen satellite set as H
3) Scan with 5750 and all freqs (change all the H's to V) for chosen satellite set as V
4) Scan with 5750 and all freqs (change all the V's to H) for chosen satellite set as H

Post the results of these four scans and I believe I can determine how the LNB setting should be.

Ok, Guys.
First, allow me to thank each one of you for taking interest in helping me solve this problem.

It is at this point I must confess my ignorance regarding jerryt's post.
I have been playing with FTA for only 6 mos.
What should the LNB type be set as? Once I know that, I am able to enter lnb freq's. Also, I am not familiar with the procedure as to how I would change the polarities for individual scans in order to complete the test.
I have a C/S 6000 if that helps.
I can tell you the Bud is on the correct Sat. and the skew is very close.
Signal quality ranges from 66-91% depending on xponder.
The cable is new, and no switches at this time.
I normally have a DiSEQc in line to switch between the 4 dishes.

set the LNB LO to SINGLE and 5750...scroll through the options (5150,9750/10600,10750,etc) and there should be an option to type in your own. Type in 05750 and do a blind scan on V only. See if that results in the channels showing up

Jerry basically said to use the trial and error part. There are 2 LNB LO's listed (5150 & 5750) so set it for 5150 and scan V only...then scan H only..then change to 5750 and scan V then H only. Whatever combo gets the most channels will determine how to set it up :)

Ok,
I want you guys to know I gave up a gorgeous evening of flying for this....
Scanning 5750 vert and horiz yield the same 20 channels.
Scanning 5150 vert yields 6 channels, (No new ones), and Horiz yields 1 channel

I decided to experiment with the settings.
I found the following actually works:
SAT : 99w
Lnb Power: ON
LNB Type : OCS
LNB Freq.: 5.150/5.750
22 Khz: OFF

Then in Blind Scan, scan ONLY the horizontal.
Worked like a charm, got 23 channels, NO dupes.
ABC hd net-21
gdmx 6-1 thru 6-6
lesea network
mytv sd
mytv hd
red canal 2
red canal 5
red canal 9
service name
sng
tsma mexico
tv 1,
tv 2
tv 3
tv 4
tv 5
wht 1
wht 2

Reactions: rrob311
Just for grins, I tried vertical with the same LNB settings and got only ten channels,
so I guess I found the settings by DUMB luck.
I have to add that all in all this LNB seems to perform better than the BSC-621 it replaced in that the signal quality is up several points.
Again, A BIG THANK-YOU to all who helped.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)