receiver slow to respond (batteries on remote are new)

aonflux

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Hi everyone,
I just got a new 722 DVR, (I had problems with my first one and that has been fixed).
Now I have a new problem. When I switch on my system after it has been idle for a long time, the receiver take around a minute to respond. I press guide a number of times or anything else on my remote and there is no response. Then after a minute it all works fine. There is no lag after that.
I tried resetting the address on my remote but that hasn't helped.
my receiver idle settings are set to factory default.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi everyone,
I just got a new 722 DVR, (I had problems with my first one and that has been fixed).
Now I have a new problem. When I switch on my system after it has been idle for a long time, the receiver take around a minute to respond. I press guide a number of times or anything else on my remote and there is no response. Then after a minute it all works fine. There is no lag after that.
I tried resetting the address on my remote but that hasn't helped.
my receiver idle settings are set to factory default.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Man how fast do you wake up when you have been sleeping. Give it a min to wake up....lol Just Kiddin

Is it the #1 or #2 remote?

Man how fast do you wake up when you have been sleeping. Give it a min to wake up....lol Just Kiddin

Is it the #1 or #2 remote?

It is the #1 remote. I don't use the 2nd remote since the 722 is only hooked up to one TV.

Problem solved

Dish network sent me a new remote the 6.3 IR/UHF pro. I inserted the green TV1 key as they advised me to and the problem still persisted. I called tech support again and this time they told me to use the green TV1 UHF key. Apparently for the first ten minutes of putting on the TV/DVR there can be interferences in the IR from an LCD TV and that was causing my receiver to respond so slowly. This morning everything worked just great. Changing the remote to UHF was helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)