Receiver Solution for 3 HDTVs

HDinTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
I currently have two leased 622's running in dual mode feeding two HD and two SD tv's. I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a 3rd HDTV and I am wondering if Dish would trade out one of the 622's for two 211K's. I have cable "home runs" to all my tv's and I have a 1000.2 dish that is capable of handling three receivers. I am tech-savvy so I wouldn't need to have a tech service call. I have been a Dish customer for about four years and I am under contract for another 10 months so what might Dish require from me to do this, other than re-up on a new 24 month contract? Would they want me to pay money up front for this deal? Thanks.

If the three HDTVs are not going to all be in use at the same time (and watching different programming) then just setup things so each 622 is driving all three HDTVs -- or at least two HDTVs each. I think many people don't realize you don't need a rec'r for each TV. I have a single 722 who's HD TV1 output is driving three HDTVs (one via component and two via HDMI) while the SD TV2 is driving all five of my televisions (3 HD and 2 SD); a single 722 works fine for our family of three (that is soon to be four).

I currently have two leased 622's running in dual mode feeding two HD and two SD tv's. I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a 3rd HDTV and I am wondering if Dish would trade out one of the 622's for two 211K's. I have cable "home runs" to all my tv's and I have a 1000.2 dish that is capable of handling three receivers. I am tech-savvy so I wouldn't need to have a tech service call. I have been a Dish customer for about four years and I am under contract for another 10 months so what might Dish require from me to do this, other than re-up on a new 24 month contract? Would they want me to pay money up front for this deal? Thanks.

I don't think there is any way for any of us to know what E* will want as it depends on your status as a customer. Call and find it. Maybe call a couple different times. You can pick up 211s for a little more than $100 online. Claude charges $119 at DishStore. E* seems to have tightened their purse strings lately so they might want some dollars for the exchange. Compare that to the cost of buying one from DishStore. If you don't need all three HDTVs at the same time, you can use component output from the 622 for one HDTV and HDMI from the 622 for another.

If the three HDTVs are not going to all be in use at the same time (and watching different programming) then just setup things so each 622 is driving all three HDTVs -- or at least two HDTVs each. I think many people don't realize you don't need a rec'r for each TV. I have a single 722 who's HD TV1 output is driving three HDTVs (one via component and two via HDMI) while the SD TV2 is driving all five of my televisions (3 HD and 2 SD); a single 722 works fine for our family of three (that is soon to be four).

How are you splitting the HDMI and did you have alot of trouble fishing wires?

How are you splitting the HDMI and did you have alot of trouble fishing wires?
Monoprice.com has active splitters for reasonible prices (as well as cheap long HDMI cables). I actually bought a switcher/splitter from them; it takes up to 4 HDMI inputs and can switch them independently between two different outputs. I have an unfinished basement so running the cable wasn't hard, but it did take a little time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)