Receiver Swap out question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jericko

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
Hello, I am glad to have found this forum!

OK, here is my problem. I have had Dish for over 4 years, owning 2 PVR 508. Loved the service. Well, my 1st 508 started to die, so I ordered a new dual tuner DVR and upgraded my package, the new receiver will be install by a pro on this Saturday.

My other 508 works great, and I am keeping it along with the new dual tuner DVR (I have 4 TVs). Well, as of last Fri, every day my Hard-drive gets erased. Called dish and they admitted it was a software update they sent out causing the problem. They were nice enough (after me getting a bit mad ;) to send me a new 508 and I am to send the old one back.

Now for the problem. Looking at my receiver, I forgot about four years ago (when I 1st got the receiver) I opened the DVR and pulled out the Hard Drive and hooked It up in my PC to see if I could pull of my Stargate episodes (I know I am a dork). I could not figure it out, so I never tried again. Well, my DVD had been opened, will Dish think I was hacking the box? I have the top 180 and locals and a HBO. Do you think Dish will try and not honor the swap out when they get the receiver?

Thanks for the info guys, my wife thinks I am being too paranoid, I just do not want dish to get the wrong idea.

Thanks
Jason

I called Dish and explanied the situation, they were cool and said it will not be a problem.

jericko said:
I called Dish and explanied the situation, they were cool and said it will not be a problem.
Keep an eye on your account for the next few billing periods after they get your receiver back!:)

Worst thing they would do is charge you full value of the receiver, $200 or so. That is slim, usually just when people don't send the equip back. I would bet you would never hear anything from them as long as the original drive is in the unit you returned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)