Receiver w/NSTC tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

alta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
I have D* along with basic cable. I'm looking to swap out my basic RCA receiver (DRD435RH) with one that has a built in NTSC tuner that will recognize and show the cable channels.

Can you folks point me toward the receivers that will do this? I'm not looking to make a major investment so I'll be looking on EBAY.

Thanks

In other words, D* hasn't & doesn't make any SD receivers w/an NTSC tuner.
If you want a receiver with one, you'll need to spring for an HD receiver - all D* HD receivers have a NTSC/ATSC tuner built in.
But obviously, you are NOT going to get one of these FREE... ;) ;)

dishrich said:
In other words, D* hasn't & doesn't make any SD receivers w/an NTSC tuner.
If you want a receiver with one, you'll need to spring for an HD receiver - all D* HD receivers have a NTSC/ATSC tuner built in.
But obviously, you are NOT going to get one of these FREE... ;) ;)

Nope. The HD Tivo (at least) doesn't have NTSC, only ATSC.

fkostyn said:
The new H10 is ATSC only also!

Well THAT sucks - they just keep making this stuff cheaper & cheaper!!! :mad: :mad:
Glad I got my Hughes cheap when I did...

hancox - you are correct about the HD D-Tivo, but since alta was only asking about a non-dvr receiver, I didn't even bring that point up.

Thanks for the input. I can't believe that no one makes or made a basic Sat receiver that also has the NTSC tuner. I can't justify several hundred bucks for an HD receiver that I wouldn't use on an HD TV. :mad:

The sammy 360 can receive both NTSC and unencrypted cable signals. It also receives ATSC. It also has a whole lot of problems though, like FOXHD and ESPNHD.

Jerry

alta said:
Thanks for the input. I can't believe that no one makes or made a basic Sat receiver that also has the NTSC tuner. I can't justify several hundred bucks for an HD receiver that I wouldn't use on an HD TV.

Well don't feel bad - E* did make one SD receiver that did what you wanted (the 5000) but back then, it costs MORE than any of these HD receivers did today! ;) ;) I still have many customers that like these just for that, but since both D* & E* now offer our locals, (or that many have "moved") it's not really a big deal anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)