receiver wont recoginzed dish

yukonjack

Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
I have a Dish 500.

I need two dishes to rec. 119 and 110.

I have been trying to aim one of the dishes.

had sat. finder hooked up and cable disconnected from the switch box for several days, during same time it rained/snowed alot.

When the skies cleared I returned to aiming dish, hooked cable to switch(DP21), sat. finder was reading signal.

But the receiver only recoginzes 1 sat. and BOTH are connected.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Sounds like it may be a bad switch. Does it always recognize the same satellite? What if you change positions on the two dishes? Also is there any way you could go direct from the LNB to the receiver 1 at a time to test to make sure that the LNBs are both good?

the switch reads the other sat.
although I will switch to other side to eliminate that possibility

would be difficult to connect LNB to rec. directly due to distance and availability of cable

another quest. I noticed that some have more than 2 sat. 110, 119, 129 etc are they all under Dishnetwork? Am I missing programs with only 110 and 119?

I moved the cable to sat. 1(to the input that works with the other dish) and the rec reads "no switch detected" does that mean bad LNB?

Remove DP21 and connect 119 dish to receiver use F81 splice in place of switch. Do you have a signal identified as 119? Run 110 the same way. Do you have a signal identified as 110? If you have signals from both satellites replace DP-21 and run switch test if it dosen't find both satellites suspect a bad switch. What receiver are you connecting?

English please!!! haha
Before you guys translate..
If I currently get a signal through "sat1" with my working dish; I then remove working cable and replace with cable to the non-working dish to "sat1" and rec. does not read won't that mean a bad LNB? or could the cable itself be bad?

I live in remote Alaskan Bush village on the Yukon- closest store in 300+ miles away- I can get the supplies I need;but that takes time and extra shipping $$$

English please!!! haha
Before you guys translate..
If I currently get a signal through "sat1" with my working dish; I then remove working cable and replace with cable to the non-working dish to "sat1" and rec. does not read won't that mean a bad LNB? or could the cable itself be bad?

I live in remote Alaskan Bush village on the Yukon- closest store in 300+ miles away- I can get the supplies I need;but that takes time and extra shipping $$$
Sounds more like you aren't aimed at the satellite. If you question the LNB take the known good one and put it on the "bad" dish.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts