Receiver's clock

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
does my receivers clock get synched by the satellites or the stations? Sometimes I notice it will synch up to the right minute but not the proper hour. Just wondering if any of the channels send time code.

some stations do sync the clock up properly and some just plain suck :)

My Coolsat I have set to manual but the dang thing still syncs with the satellite so some stations (mainly feeds) its off by hours or even years :(

I just manually set my clock whenever I get motivated (I don't program any timed channel changes). I don't think many of the satellites keep an accurate time for receiver use. The hour would always be off because the satellite has no idea of where you are. You may want to go into your setup menu to tell it what time zone you are in if your receiver offers that feature. That might help.

Iceberg said:
some stations do sync the clock up properly and some just plain suck :) My Coolsat I have set to manual but the dang thing still syncs with the satellite so some stations (mainly feeds) its off by hours or even years :(

I'm glad you mention this! I was starting to think mine had a problem with the internal clock. I've tried setting an offset from GMT, and a time zone manually and every once-in-a-while I'll pass a channel that changes the time... I didn't know the Coolsat was trying to auto-sync the time... well, I guess that shouldn't be such a surprise, the documentation the came with the Coolsat is pretty poor! :)

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

I noticed it right away when I got the CS4000 that it did that. When I upgraded to the 5000 I thought that would have changed, but sadly it didn't :(

The clock on the Fortec classic NA just plain stinks...I have given up trying to get it to stay (have tried ALL settings)...its now on manual and is off by hours. The calendar stinks too...have never been able to set the correct year...I am going to fix it like my old VCR...put a piece of black tape over the clock :p

really? My Classic keeps perfect time on manual setting. The Ultra clock sucks and is always off

Ice, I think mine may have a bug or 2 the clock changes all the time + it is still doing like I said in an old thread where when scanning (blind or other wise) it will load up multiple instances of the same channel...I think I am up to 3 or 4 "Russia today" among others...its kind of a pain and intermittent (only does it on some satellites and with some channels. Don't get me wrong I like the receiver allot but I think when its time for a new one I would like to try another brand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts