Receivers for nps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

autismknows

Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
East USA
I am on a budget and looking for a good c-band package i can buy to enjoy. sky vision seems to have a good deal but theres alot of others i see with nps and programming-center. whats a good long lasting deal? anyone have any of these services? whats the best receiver to use with a c-band system?

Last edited:
A 4DTV DSR 922, 905, 920 are the best receivers to use with C band with it you can sub through NPS, SRL & Skyvision and get all the channels in dc2.

As tvropro said, those receivers are your best bet for being the most user friendly. The 922 and 920 are able to move your dish to the various satellites while the 905 is a sidecar which will require another old analog receiver to move the dish or if all the channels you want are on one satellite you could get by with just the 905.

There are lots of different ways to go when it comes to satellite programming but I believe the best value and most flexibility in programming is with 4DTV.

Sky Vision input please

I was wondering if there package deal for the receiver and the 6' dish is a good deal. i think its the 410 receiver. I am not into HD and don't really ever care to have it. Matter of fact, the only 2 channels me and my wife care about is Discovery Health and TV Land. I don't want to pay the DBS people a crap load of money for 2 lousy channels, But I am looking for something stable, Something I won't have to worry about upgrading for years to come. any input on a cheap way I can go to get the smallest package deal from the c-band world.

The reason they created that package was for folks to upgrade their setup and not have to go to the pizza guys :)

I use an analog orb-7500 receiver to move the dish and watch analog feeds.
I have a dsr-905 (actually 2 of them). You could also use a fta receiver with a vbox positioner with a sidecar 905

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)