Receiving digital channels using older lnb?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
Hi gang, I would like to know if you can tune stations like STO SD, France24, etc. on Galaxy 23 C using a 10 ft. prime focus dish and an older Chapparal combo feedhorn and Hemt (20 degrees) C band lnb with a polorotor attached? The dish is mesh and I would hook up to either a Fortec Star or Azbox Ultra with it. Checked the motor by putting wires to a Uniden analog rcvr, and it works ok.
Or, alternatively, would I be better off to buy one of the new C band lnbfs that Hypermegasat is selling for about $25-$50???
Thanks for any suggestions or info!

Sure, you can use the LNB and Chapparal feed, but to change polarity will require an analog receiver. A new LNBF is much more convenient. I changed to an LNBF about a year ago, and now wonder why I hadn't done it sooner.

You sure can, I have an ancient LNB with a chaparral feedhorn and works like a charm with my 10 footer, I have never liked those LNBFs because Ive tried at least 4 different brands and not one can compare to the quality I get with my Chaparral Feedhorn

would I be better off to buy one of the new C band lnbfs that Hypermegasat is selling for about $25-$50???
Thanks for any suggestions or info!

Your existing LNB and feedhorn is fine for these channels.

If you decide to go with a LNBF, support a Satelliteguys forum sponsor. Both WSI/Galaxy Marketing and Satellite AV carry C band LNBFs.

Between the two models that we carry (C1 - single output and C2 - two output), the GEOSATpro C2 is a much better performer.

For my own preference, I removed the Chapparal unit years ago for the convenience of not needing an old C-band receiver just to change polarities. Makes the satellite more family or wife friendly if there is just a FTA receiver controlling a VBox or GBox controller for your big dish. The ortho had slightly better performance, but didn't change the number of channels that I receive (both S and S2). Not worth the extra $$$ for my application.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts