Receiving TV stations from two cities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjl75

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Hi,

Right now I can get TV from two cities one is 140 miles away and the other is 70 miles. This is good when regular programing is preempted by local news, or a religious preacher. In February 2009 do you think I will still have this option available?

rjl75

Are you getting the analog or digital signals?

If it's analog, I'm not sure. Try picking up their digital signals if you haven't already.

Hi,

Right now I can get TV from two cities one is 140 miles away and the other is 70 miles. This is good when regular programing is preempted by local news, or a religious preacher. In February 2009 do you think I will still have this option available?

rjl75

It depends on the specifics of your situation. Go to TV Fool - Home and enter your address. Then click on "digital only" in the "after February 2009" section. It will tell you the predicted signal strengths at your house.

Hi,

I am watching these station on a LCD flat panel TV, but I don't know how I would know if I am watching a digital or analog signal.

I live about 70 miles east of Sacramento in the foothills of the sierra's so I get these stations and San Francisco. I live high enough that I get very good reception from both cities.

I was wondering if it would be like a radio station that broadcast on AM had to now broadcast in FM, comparing analog to digital?

I tried the suggested website but couldn't get much out of it for SF station in my area.

rjl75

Hi,

I am watching these station on a LCD flat panel TV, but I don't know how I would know if I am watching a digital or analog signal.

I live about 70 miles east of Sacramento in the foothills of the sierra's so I get these stations and San Francisco. I live high enough that I get very good reception from both cities.

I was wondering if it would be like a radio station that broadcast on AM had to now broadcast in FM, comparing analog to digital?

I tried the suggested website but couldn't get much out of it for SF station in my area.

rjl75

Normally to watch digital channels you need to enter more than two numbers on your remote control.Example 18.1/18.2/18.3.But this would not be the case if the station is only running 1 digital channel,but most stations are broadcasting more than 1.;)

Another way is to look in the TV's Owner's Manual.If it says the TV has a ATSC tuner that would also show your TV has digital abilities.Good Luck!:)

Thanks everyone.

I do know of one channel with multiple stations with the decimal point station number. Now that you told me what that means , I will check for more.

Thank you,

rjl75

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)