Recent G10R Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!

Okay, trying to watch M*A*S*H* tonight was like typing the name of the show with the asterisks. Is there any chance my pixelization/freezing/out-of-sync/stop action reception of the G10R multi-channel transponders is due to the processor of my receiver getting too hot? Does the processor have to work harder on transponders with multiple channels? My receiver does not have a cooling fan.

I've ruled out the cable, connections, dish aiming, and weather. Last night and tonight I had problems up until about 10:35 p.m. central. Then the problem went away, for a while anyway. (The receiver is on all of the time). I never have any problem with receiving KTWO even though my signal quality is lower on that channel.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm about ready to put the receiver in the refrigerator to see if heat is the problem. Make your own jokes.:)

techpuppy

I don't know but it may be the unit. I have had my Coolsat on since 6:00 tongiht on G10 with NO issues

6:00-7:00 had WNGS on (11720)
7:00-9:00 flipping between WNGS and KFDF (12114)
9:00-11:00 had WMQF on (11800) for Smackdown

turned off at 11:00

Sassan said:
I am getting almost nothing on G10 here. I have tried to rescan it several times, but all I get is the Research Channel. Weather is not a factor here either. I would assume its not alignment, because a) everything else is coming in fine on all other channels, and b) I am getting some of the channels on G10.

Other ideas?
Possibly a polarity issue? Research is horizontal, nearly everything else on G-10R is vertical.

I finally resolved this problem this afternoon and tonight. I'm still not sure what was the cause, but at least I have my channels back.

I tried using an inline satellite amp. No improvement. (100 ft. cable run). Then I ran new RG-6 cable. Still no improvement. I took a TV and receiver out to the dish and tried to peak the signal. I was still getting a lot of pixelization and audio chirps. The 11800 transponder has had the most problems for me. I managed to bring up the quality reading by about 4%, but still had problems. Then I found if I nudged the dish a little to the west my quality would drop a little, but the picture became steady. I still think that interference was a factor.

The end result was (quality readings)

12104 went from 58 to 54
12114 went from 72 to 62
11720 went from 42 to 52
11800 went from 63 to 56
10235 went from 63 to 57

These readings were all taken during clear, cloudless days. I'm not sure why they didn't all go up or down consistently. Even though I have generally lower quality, I'm not having any problems with reception. I did try moving the dish back for the higher readings, but the pixelization, chirping freezing would start up again. Perhaps my primestar dish is warped just enough that I'm getting intereference from the DishNetwork satellites unless I aim slightly to the west. I'm guessing.

Equity occasionally has technical problems, too. Once during the past week, all their Univision eastern/central time channels were in "freeze frame" for some reason. The other channels were normal.

Hmmmmm.... notice that the one transponder that improved in quality was 11720. That transponder is the one that has cross-pole issues with Echo's 121w satellite next door. What you probably did was eliminate some cross-pole error on 11720 at the expense of a slight quality loss on the other TPs. Good trade off though!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)