? Reception Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I started with Dish, you had to do your own installs. There were no service people. At that time there was only one satellite, soon there were 2 and I had to do it again. Now, I'd rather do it myself. But, maybe I have a leg up because in 1983 I built my own 12 foot "C" band dish and the electronics from circuit boards and instructions. It worked well. I even built descramblers that worked. It was fun.
Michael

I would like to go with Dish Network, for the channel lineup and pricing. I'm concerned with all the negetive comments from friends, co-workers and neighbors. I haven't found one person who recommends Dish. They all claim wind, lite rain, lite snow, partly cloudy etc will cause problems. Is it really that bad? Is there a clause in the contract for the option to cancel contract without penalty if reception is unacceptible? I'm located in Omaha, Nebraska area, and the dish would be mounted on a detached garage.
I'm in north central Kansas so I have similar weather, I would say that I lose signal about two or three times a year. It only happens when a severe storm pass just south of me and the tops of the clouds block the signal. When it happens it is usually out for not more than five minutes. I can't recall anytime that snow has caused an outage.

I've only had snow cause a problem with my dish in Denver twice in 4 years. Both times I just grabbed the broom and cleaned the dish off and signal came back.

I live on the Nebraska/Kansas border in south central Nebraska and the only time my dish goes out is when a hail storm or a heavy rain is 5 minutes away from my location and that usually last no longer than 5 minutes, snow is not a problem since my dish is lower that my roof line and is tucked away in a corner so the snow pretty much blows over the top of it.

You don't need to find your own installer. Go directly through Dish. (Or you can use a DIRT member here who is a CSR for Dish). You will get the new subscriber discounts that you qualify for, and dish does the instillation.
I totally get the limited income, and even more can recommend Dish. But just to be fair, there is nothing wrong with Direct TV either if for some reason you want them. But for goodness sakes, drop Cable. :)

Is FTAinstall.com the correct link for DIRT/CSA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)