Reception Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I have recently seen severe pixelization during crystal clear days, mostly during the afternoon. Five or six times in the past few weeks, I've come home at 5 pm and attempted to watch ESPNHD only to have it too broken up to watch. I've changed to other channels and, besides my HD locals off of 77, they are all pixelated.

Today, I turned the TV on at noon to watch the NFL draft only to see the same broken up reception. About 15 mins later, everything is clear. The same thing happened in earlier instances where the poor reception would be fine after 15-20 mins. Any ideas what would cause this? I've had no changes in line of sight or anything else.

Right now, I can't get ESPNHD again. When I go to point dish, the reading is in the high 40's with no lock. I turned it back to one of the my locals and it' crystal clear with reading in the low 50's. Big 10 network HD is clear in the high 40's-low 50's and jumps between the two. FSN Cincinnati is in high 40's low 50's with no lock. This all just started in the past couple of weeks. Have had Dish for over 5 years. I have two dishes, if that matters. A 1000 and another dish for HD locals.

Last edited:
If the receiver in question is a DVR, you might look at the health report and see what the error counts look like. Sounds a little like a hard drive on the decline.

If the receiver in question is a DVR, you might look at the health report and see what the error counts look like. Sounds a little like a hard drive on the decline.

I have both a 411 and 622. The problem is on both receivers. Just did a system status and it says "LNB Drift Detected" on the details page. What does that mean?

The system info on the 811 shows signal loss and LNB Drift. Has this thing gotten out of alignment somehow?

Last edited:
LNB drift is something that typically gets a service call to replace the LNB. Several have the problem but I don't think anyone has explained what it means.

What it means is call DISH add DHPP and call for a service call because your equipment is aging.

The 1000 is only about 3 yrs old...The additional smaller dish to pickup HD locals is only about 6 months old...

Called Dish and they say they'll replace the LNB for free Tuesday morning. Here's hoping they actually do.

To add to my confusion, after two reboots and scheduling the service call, the "status" in System Info now shows "good" and I have all channels. WTF???

Last edited:
Just an update...The tech showed up, replaced the 110 LNB and everything is good. There was no charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)