Reception Problem (Trees)

jbois

Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Wills Point, TX
Trees all around my location have grown tall enough to limit my southwest access. I have a 1000 hd antenna and a 500 antenna mounted in different locations and have gotten 119 on the 500 and 110 on the 1000, connected the 119 output on the 500 to the line in on the 1000 and the 119 output on the 1000 to a 211 receiver. Got good reception and the full compliment of channel except for the HD versions. My question how can I adjust either antenna to acquire the 129 satellite and how can it be done. Can't find a better location so I'm stuck with this dual dish setup for now. Any help would be appreciated as I have struggled to get this far over the last month. Jbois

You need to find a clear line of sight to 129 even if it is at a third location. Have you tried to see the EA satellite 72.7? I guess to answer the question of how to get 129 from either current dish the answer is get a chainsaw and start cutting.

You need to introduce a few branches to Mr. Chainsaw or move the dish to the northernmost tip of the property (the dish can be located under trees as long as it can see the Clarke Belt).

It looks like shading houses with trees is awfully popular in your area.

You should make every effort to get away from using multiple dishes.

A picture of your dish's views might be helpful.

129 is lower to the horizon than 110 and 119. So, find a new location for the dish, cut down the trees (or top them for a temp fix) or call cable or Uverse if available. That's just the simple reality of your situation.

Edit: Or call Directv. Their HD BIRD is higher than Dish's.

Last edited:
if you had a hard time getting 119 you are really going to have fun trying to get 129. I suggest simply getting a tech out there to tell you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)