reception question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
I have dishnet but in my area my locals are not available in hi def. So I put up a large antenna in my attic and much to my surprise, I was able to get all my locals. All the towers are about 20 miles away and nearly all in the same area. My signal strength is from a high 90s on CBS to a low of 70-74 on Fox. Everything is working very well and I suspect I should be satisfied but sometimes my Fox signal fades and I lose the picture and sound. Usually only for a brief period but it is rather annoying. Is there a way to boost or amplify the signal?

how much time did you spend pointing your antenna?

maybe your could loose a few points on one to gain more on the one thats dropping out?

can you get a less directional antenna, or perhaps a join-tenna and another antenna just for the other station?

Of course it might be easier to put it outside?

I have dishnet but in my area my locals are not available in hi def. So I put up a large antenna in my attic and much to my surprise, I was able to get all my locals. All the towers are about 20 miles away and nearly all in the same area. My signal strength is from a high 90s on CBS to a low of 70-74 on Fox. Everything is working very well and I suspect I should be satisfied but sometimes my Fox signal fades and I lose the picture and sound. Usually only for a brief period but it is rather annoying. Is there a way to boost or amplify the signal?

Hold off on boosting your signal just yet if you have a VIP622. There is a well documented bug in its software (version 3.66) which can cause interference between strong and weak channels. Everybody in Austin and many other cities with a VIP 622 have this problem with FOX. They are currently rolling out software version 4.01 which supposedly corrects this problem. This roll out should be completed sometime this month so I would wait to see if that fixes it.

If not, then you can consider antenna modifications or amplications.

Hold off on boosting your signal just yet if you have a VIP622. There is a well documented bug in its software (version 3.66) which can cause interference between strong and weak channels. Everybody in Austin and many other cities with a VIP 622 have this problem with FOX. They are currently rolling out software version 4.01 which supposedly corrects this problem. This roll out should be completed sometime this month so I would wait to see if that fixes it.

If not, then you can consider antenna modifications or amplications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts