reception question

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
I have dishnet but in my area my locals are not available in hi def. So I put up a large antenna in my attic and much to my surprise, I was able to get all my locals. All the towers are about 20 miles away and nearly all in the same area. My signal strength is from a high 90s on CBS to a low of 70-74 on Fox. Everything is working very well and I suspect I should be satisfied but sometimes my Fox signal fades and I lose the picture and sound. Usually only for a brief period but it is rather annoying. Is there a way to boost or amplify the signal?

how much time did you spend pointing your antenna?

maybe your could loose a few points on one to gain more on the one thats dropping out?

can you get a less directional antenna, or perhaps a join-tenna and another antenna just for the other station?

Of course it might be easier to put it outside?

I have dishnet but in my area my locals are not available in hi def. So I put up a large antenna in my attic and much to my surprise, I was able to get all my locals. All the towers are about 20 miles away and nearly all in the same area. My signal strength is from a high 90s on CBS to a low of 70-74 on Fox. Everything is working very well and I suspect I should be satisfied but sometimes my Fox signal fades and I lose the picture and sound. Usually only for a brief period but it is rather annoying. Is there a way to boost or amplify the signal?

Hold off on boosting your signal just yet if you have a VIP622. There is a well documented bug in its software (version 3.66) which can cause interference between strong and weak channels. Everybody in Austin and many other cities with a VIP 622 have this problem with FOX. They are currently rolling out software version 4.01 which supposedly corrects this problem. This roll out should be completed sometime this month so I would wait to see if that fixes it.

If not, then you can consider antenna modifications or amplications.

Hold off on boosting your signal just yet if you have a VIP622. There is a well documented bug in its software (version 3.66) which can cause interference between strong and weak channels. Everybody in Austin and many other cities with a VIP 622 have this problem with FOX. They are currently rolling out software version 4.01 which supposedly corrects this problem. This roll out should be completed sometime this month so I would wait to see if that fixes it.

If not, then you can consider antenna modifications or amplications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)