Reciever install question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lookn4hdtv

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Forgive me if this is a stupid questions as I'm a complete newb to satellite TV. I'm about to switch from cable to E* and am curious about what to get hardware wise.

It is my understanding that a dual tuner receiver can control 2 televisions. Is this true? If so I want the 622 to be hooked up to an HDTV in the living room and an SDTV in the bedroom. What cabling would be needed to achive this or are there multiple choices for hooking up to the 2nd tuner?

If the dual tuner doesn't work I'm going with a 211 in the living room and some standard DVR in the bedroom. Is there a standard DVR you guys would recommend over others? Big thanks in advance for any input.

If you go with the 622, you would need a single coax from the LNBs at the dish (assuming they are Dish Pro Plus and you use seperators). Then from the 622 you would hook up the HDTV via HDMI or Component. You would then need a single length of Coax from the 622's modulated ouput to the location of the second TV.

There are multiple ways to skin a cat, but this is the simplest way of doing it.

If you aren't using Dish Pro Plus LNBs then you will need two runs of Coax from the Dish to the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts