reciever issues

mikeindiana

Original poster
Sep 26, 2004
I jsut switched to Dish within the last two months, and now on THIRD 811 reciever. After two service calls, I just got my third one hooked up and running the other day. The problems beofre were constantly loosing sattelite signals on 811 and one of my two 311 recievers. Seems they fixed the problem for the one 311, as there was an old cable splitter between teh sattelite splitter and the reciever.
BUt, while watching foorball today, my 811 kept switching channels on me. I would switch it back, then it would switch again. Sometimes it would change to a random channell, or just scroll up or down, and sometimes it would just change tot he same channell over and over again. COuld this be reciever or is it outside interference?

Change the address on your remote. It sounds like one of your neighbors is sharing the same address. You are driving the neighbor crazy too... :rolleyes:

actually, at first I thought it was me sittign on the remote, or the cat, who has brushed their face up agaisnt it. But this time, the cat wasn't around. I seen something about changing the address of the remote, I'll work on that. I do live near a few otehrs with dish nearby, as we do live in a residential area, so I wondered if that was possible

mikeindiana said:
actually, at first I thought it was me sittign on the remote, or the cat, who has brushed their face up agaisnt it. But this time, the cat wasn't around. I seen something about changing the address of the remote, I'll work on that. I do live near a few otehrs with dish nearby, as we do live in a residential area, so I wondered if that was possible

The 811 is a UHF receiver. This means that the remote can work through walls and a common problem is your receiver picking up the neighbors signals. Bobby as a good suggestion. Another way to determine this is to remove the small UHF antennal on the back of the unit if you don't plan on using the UHF. Both ways should get your around this issue. Assuming this is your problem.

Another way to determine this is to remove the small UHF antennal on the back of the unit if you don't plan on using the UHF.

Don't remove the small UHF antenna since the 811 remote is an UHF remote only (for sat, regular IR for the other devices) and it won't work if it's removed. Like the others have said, change the remote address and it should solve this problem.

styxfix said:
Don't remove the small UHF antenna since the 811 remote is an UHF remote only (for sat, regular IR for the other devices) and it won't work if it's removed. Like the others have said, change the remote address and it should solve this problem.

Damn.. Styfix.. you are right.. I forgot all about that. I have a Pronto and my 508 and 721 are dual if I recall. Good catch. Please disregard the dripple I spewed out earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)