Reciever Question

monetteboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
I currently have 2 voom recievers right now in my house. I am wanting to add several more, I think 6 is the max?

Does anyone know if voom will bring extra recievers even if I will only be hooking one up at the install date.

I am unhappy with 199.99 fee just to bring out an extra reciever so I would just assume pay it once.

Let me know what you guys think.

monetteboy said:
I currently have 2 voom recievers right now in my house. I am wanting to add several more, I think 6 is the max?

Does anyone know if voom will bring extra recievers even if I will only be hooking one up at the install date.

I am unhappy with 199.99 fee just to bring out an extra reciever so I would just assume pay it once.

Let me know what you guys think.

They might do that but you will sill have to active even if you do no use them at the time of install .

From the Voom.com website---

Question
Can I get additional VOOM receivers?

Answer
Sure. With additional VOOM receivers, you can watch different programming on different sets in your household. Even your standard definition TV sets will look great with VOOM’s top-notch programming and picture quality! You can add receivers for $9.50/month each, or buy them outright for $199 each. There is also a Multiple TV Charge of $5.00/receiver each month. So give the gift of VOOM to your other TVs – soon your whole house will be VOOMing!

yeah I did think about waiting for the DVR. I suffer from a case of being inpatient ;-) We are upgrading our TVs and trying to get rid of dish and stay with voom so I want HD everywhere. I just didn't want to pay the install fee every time we bought a new tv, but if I read everything right it seems as long as I hook them up to any tv we will be set.

thanks for the help

Called last night and was on the phone for 1hour 35 mins. The CSR couldn't get his computer to work to add my new recievers. They did credit my account the 199.99 fee though so I was very happy about that.

Do they just put the switch off the two runs from the lnb? Then split it off from there? I was going to do some rewiring so I need to figure out how many extra coax runs to do.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts