Reciever settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nwisneski

Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Wisconsin
Hi all,
I had Dish set up at my summer home and decided to cancel it. I also have Dish at my permanent home. I have an additional receiver at home for spare rooms and was wondering if I would be able to take the receiver from home and hook it up to the equipment left in the summer home. The only thing that was returned was the receiver we had in the summer home. The dish and wires are all still in the summer home.

If you canceled the service at your summer home then connecting the extra receiver from your primary home will not work. Its called account stacking and is illegal.

If you take all your recs with you and change just your service address each time, it shouldn't be a problem. (if the dishes are the same)

While it is considered account stacking and I wouldn't advise doing it,it will work.

It's called account stacking when you have multiple rcvrs activated for others to use, in an attempt to have them paying only the extra $7/month for the extra rcvr versus them having to sign up under a separate acct and having to pay the full amount. Landlords like to do that for their tenants in multi-dwelling units.

In your case, your rcvrs need to be located at one address only per Dish Network guidelines. Does everyone always do that? No. If you get caught with the rcvrs at diffferent locations, they could cancel your service. Will it work at your second home? Yes. As long as the dish is the same as the one you have at your primary home.

If the dish isn't the same, then you will have to run a new system check (check switch) so the rcvr recognizes the new dish each time it is moved. That takes a minute or two. If you have newer 'VIP' rcvrs, then they will work on any dish. (Western Arc and Eastern Arc)

If you have an older generation rcvr (311, 322, 522, 625) then a different type dish between the two locations might present a problem, depending on the type of dish that you have. Western Arc dishes (they point towards the southwest) will work with all the rcvrs. Eastern Arc dishes (they point towards the southeast) will only work with the newer 'VIP' rcvrs (211, 211k, 222, 222k, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922) not the older generation rcvrs.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I had Dish set up at my summer home and decided to cancel it. I also have Dish at my permanent home. I have an additional receiver at home for spare rooms and was wondering if I would be able to take the receiver from home and hook it up to the equipment left in the summer home. The only thing that was returned was the receiver we had in the summer home. The dish and wires are all still in the summer home.

You may qualify for what is called a "snowbird" account. The main requirements for this is that whenever you go to your vacation home (or back to your regular home), you must take ALL of your receivers with you, and you must call in to update your address each time you move.

Having service in two locations at the same time, under the same account, is not permitted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)