Reciver Problem JVC301 and Echostar 2800 Please Help

Slupie

Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
I'm a newbie to the Dish Network

Dish 500 by JVC dual LNB bough about a month ago from Sears. The 301 was part of a package and I got the 2800 from family and activated on my account. The 2800 was working with the 110/119 and 61.5 for the past 4 years. Here is what is happening and I reached a road block. Reciever 301 Gets 110 & 119 at 107% and 111% respectively, Echostar gets only 119 or 110 at about 110% depending on which cable I hook up to it from the LNB and it only gets the ODD channels. I hooked up 61.5° dish today with one SW-21 switch. The 301 doesn't recognize the switch or the 61.5° dish if connected with the 110/119 but if connected directly to the 301 it works with no problem. The Echostar on the other hand still works with only 119 or 110 depending on which cable I connect but has no problem detecting the SW-21 switch and 61.5 along with the other dish. It also tells me that the is a problem and to check my connections. I have checked all of my connections and I'm using RG-6 cables for the whole installation with the correct connectors. I'm getting another SW-21 switch so I can have 110/119 and 61.5 on both TV's.

Do I need a different switch(S) or should I replace the 2800 with a newer reciever or even DVR.

TIA

Slupie

OK. First, I think you have a TWIN LNB on your Dish 500. A DUAL can only see one bird.

The first thing that crosses my mind about odd-only is a DishPro LNBF being used with a Legacy (2800) receiver. A Legacy receiver requires an adapter to work with DP LNBFs.

I think you might be trying to mix DishPro and Legacy outdoor hardware. You can't do that. Look for a DP logo on the LNBFs. If only one has it, that's a problem. If either one has it, you can not use a SW-21. SW switches are for Legacy LNBFs only, DP switches for DP LNBFs only.

I've said a mouthful above, but the point is, check your gear, tell us what you got and we'll git-r-done. ;)

If I remember correctly the 110/119 Twin is dish pro and the 61.5 is not.
Is DP21 going to work with Dish Pro 500 110/119 and Legacy 61.5 or do I need 61.5 to be dish pro also?. I'm going to upgrade the Echostar 2800 to DVR 501.

All your LNB's have to be Legacy or DishPro...you cannot mix & match

Since you're getting a DVR, I would switch the 61.5 LNB out to a DishPro. Then combine the two with a DP21 and you're all set :)

Iceberg said:
All your LNB's have to be Legacy or DishPro...you cannot mix & match

Since you're getting a DVR, I would switch the 61.5 LNB out to a DishPro. Then combine the two with a DP21 and you're all set :)
For 2 receivers he will need a DP dual on 61.5 and 2 DP-21s so both receivers can see all three satellites. :)

Where can I buy DishPro Dual LNBF and two DP21 switches? My dish has the rectangular LNBF mount tube. What is the usual price for those things?

TIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)