Recommended Compression Connectors

kkwan

Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
From browsing through the forums, read a lot about SNS, Digicon, etc. But no mention of PCT's DRS connectors. Any thoughts on these or others?

Yea, my two favorites are PPC EX and T&B Snap n Seal. I have never used any PCT connectors but have used Sterling, Gilbert, and Eagle Aspen. These are decent except for the eagle aspen connectors, they are sh*t. Our office has went back on so many jobs where there was nothing wrong except for the connectors were bad.

As far as compression tools go. I would look into the Ripley cablematic brand. I've had a pair for years and have always held up and I have been able to use them on just about every connector that I've ran into. They even make some that have a removable head so that you can use them on the odd ball connectors like PCT and Sterling.

I have Ripley compression tool

Hello, the Ripley tool work very well.The f connector I used has a plastic insert inside that go over the center wire.Do I remove it ?I will have to change some of my cables ends.Becase some are bad and start to rust inside. Thank

that is probably snap and seal connectors. the plastic piece goes on the cable first and then the connector. when you compress the connector it snaps the plastic piece in the connector. The snap and seal connectors are unique, they are the only connector that i have seen where the actual connector doesn't compress, its just the plastic piece that compresses inside the connector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)