Recommended RF Modulator for SD TV mirroring?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Is there a recommended brand/model of RF modulator to use for mirroring to SD TVs?

My Plan: Use the RCA composite on a hopper over a second coax line to another room using about 70 feet of RG6. I'll only need it to go to one extra TV. 2H/2J to 2H/1J so that i can cut the $7 additional outlet fee.

Additional Question: Will i need some sort of amplifier for that length of run using an RF modulator? I've seen some topics mention a powered splitter when going to multiple TVs, but i'm only going to one other TV.

Last edited:
i ended up going with the $17 one at walmart: GE RF Modulator Video Converter, DVD Player RF Modulator, RCA RF Modulator

worked out nicely. The quality is pretty good overall (for SD anyways). I only chose this one out of convenience since it was cheap and close by. Not one single issue despite the fact that the wiring to get it to the other room is a bit cobbled together. Probably 4 barrels in between.

I'm mirroring off a hopper, which turned out be a good idea as it's slightly faster overall than a joey and it has an external antenna for the remote.

Just returned a joey this week since this worked out so well. So now i'm 2H/1J and only paying $4 more than before the upgrade. :)

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about doing this for a few underutilized SDTVs in our house. Any idea what the range of the remote is? I had to relocate my 722 antenna to the center of the house to get signal in our master bedroom for TV2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)