Recommended?

combsisthebest said:
Well since distant networks of CBS and Fox are out of question I am wondering if anyone would recommend this antenna? Thanks. :)

Nope... save your money for something else. I had one of those and it sucked big time.

If you're looking for something relatively cheap, check this one out. I've used before and the results were pretty good.

combsisthebest said:
Well since distant networks of CBS and Fox are out of question I am wondering if anyone would recommend this antenna? Thanks.

Nope... save your money for something else. I had one of those and it sucked big time.

If you're looking for something relatively cheap, check this one out. I've used one before and the results were pretty good.

Now, if you're really looking for something really good, check AntennasDirect. I'm using their DB4 right now and I'm able to scan, lock and receive (signals at 85% or better) every single digital station here in Houston.

Don't forget that those clip-on antennas are designed to clip on to a dish. The design to actually receive TV signals is secondary. Form should follow function, not lead it.

One of my favorite antennas is a Radio shack 15-2160. At only $25, its a bargain. Keep in minds that its UHF Only. Which is good around my parts for all of the HD channels.

The H said:

If you're looking for something relatively cheap, check this one out. I've used one before and the results were pretty good.

Now, if you're really looking for something really good, check AntennasDirect. I'm using their DB4 right now and I'm able to scan, lock and receive (signals at 85% or better) every single digital station here in Houston.
That looks like a nice antenna. I'm glad I checked here first because I almost did purchase that other antenna. With the one that you're using (DB4) will it also be able to pick up VHF channels?

combsisthebest said:
That looks like a nice antenna. I'm glad I checked here first because I almost did purchase that other antenna. With the one that you're using (DB4) will it also be able to pick up VHF channels?

I don't think so.

You'll need one of theirs UHF/VHF antennas if you want to receive both signals.

I can highly recommend the guys from AntennasDirect. I've got several antennas from them during the past couple of years: besides mine, one for my dad, one for my in-laws and one for a coworker and all of them are very happy with these.

combsisthebest said:

I don't think so.

You'll need one of their UHF/VHF antennas if you want to receive both signals.

I can highly recommend the guys from AntennasDirect. I've got several antennas from them during the past couple of years: besides mine, one for my dad, one for my in-laws and one for a coworker and all of them are very happy with these.

I've decided to go with Channel Master 4228. However the only problem with them is that their VHF isn't that great. And around here the main channels are 3, 6, and 13. Does anyone who has a Channel Master 4228 have any experience with low VHF channels or know of an adapter that will help? Also does anyone know anywhere online that takes Paypal eChecks or money order that sells these? No place around my areas sells Channel Masters. Thank you everyone for your input so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts