Recommened NPRM for BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Considering getting a NPRM (non-penetrating roof mount) for my future BUD setup. Do they exist for such a big dish, and if so, what would you all recommend?

I'm also interested in special pipe mounts that can mount onto the eve of the roof, or rather the wall area leading to the roof.

In other words, I'm not doing a concrete in the ground setup.

I've seen some bars doing the roof setup and wish to get that process going. Thanks again in advance. Thanks again to all who have routed me to possible dealers for a BUD. Money is a problem for such a hobby as this, although I love it!

I also notice they sell those single poles/pipes for concrete/ground installs. I'm hoping I can get something like that to where I can mount it to the eve of the roof with support mounts drilled into the concrete wall. Anyone spot something cool, let me know .

Hi there Techno935,

I had this mount built by a local pipe and steel company.

It is constructed out of 3" shedule 80 well casing with plates 5' apart for holes drilled through a 12" block and brick wall and plates on the inside to help hold it. The top 12" has a 3.5" section slipped over the 3" pipe so the cap would fit snugly. The bottom is about 8' or 9' off the ground and tops out at about 22' at the cap where the BUD sits. The mount alone weighed about 150 Lbs when we put it up.

They only charged me $130.00 for the steel and welding it together. I drew up the plans, and took it in and they bid it on the spot for me, and I picked it up a week later.

The owner used to be a client of mine back when I sold welding supplies and industrial gases, but I don't think that had anything to do with how much he charged me. I am sure he made a little money on it.

Here is a picture that shows it a little more clearly. It is the same as my avatar, but this picture is bigger. from-west-side-view.jpg

Hope it gives you some ideas.

Fred

Great idea there. You have a simple roof without an overhang. Unfortunately, I have a roof with an overhang that protrudes about a foot past the concrete wall. I'll keep any eye out for parts. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts