Record 103-inch Plasma TV to go on sale next year

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd.,the maker of Panasonic brand electronics,said today it hoped to start selling the world's largest Plasma TV by early next year.The new panels will meet high-definition specs,meaning that they can produce images at the highest standard of 1,920 X 1,080 pixels of resolution,according to this article. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060710/tc_nm/japan_matsushita_dc

charper1 said:
LOL, can't wait to see that cost and its still smaller than most FPTV's
Ive seen front projectors in very low light at best buy and I am NOT impressed. If you do not have a dark room with no light to dedicate to a home theater with FPTV forget it.

vurbano said:
Ive seen front projectors in very low light at best buy and I am NOT impressed. If you do not have a dark room with no light to dedicate to a home theater with FPTV forget it.
So get a 72 inch CRT RP and have the best TV on the market hands down!!!

vurbano said:

Then you saw cheap crap incorrectly setup.

vurbano said:

Then you saw cheap crap incorrect setup. AND "cheap" does not mean by dollars spent.

Im not prejudice against them but Ive just never seen one look decent with a lamp turned on in a room. Id have tried one but my ceiling is vaulted with no real crawl space above the living room. Therefore no real way to hide the cables to one for me. Anyway they will NEVER be mainstream.

vurbano said:
Im not prejudice against them but Ive just never seen one look decent with a lamp turned on in a room. Id have tried one but my ceiling is vaulted with no real crawl space above the living room. Therefore no real way to hide the cables to one for me. Anyway they will NEVER be mainstream.

Correct there are limited architectural situations where cost to do the proper install scares people away or is just "too much trouble".

You are correct they will never be mainstream and that has a lot to do with the total misconceptions people have spread about them and because they have seen very badly/incorrectly installs or cheap projectors incorrectly selected for the environment, only because they saw it at Costco, Sam's or TigerDirect for $599.

Now these things above we agree on and are the actual truth as opposed to the blanket statements and popular misconceptions/wife's tales.

BUT to the OP; if a 103" Plasma runs say CHEAP at $7000 I can bet my right arm I can find a better quality & performing FPTV, with full install and hidden cable run, for less money, even with vaulted ceilings; which I also have (11'). Which was my original point.

Last edited:
The only front projo worth messing with is a CRT unit, but again the dealers and manufacturers are dropping them in favor of the inferior (planned obsolescence) LCD/DLP unit with much higher profit margins.

Sorry but a 100 inch screen with 720p will look bad. Period.

Tv

VIPERS-PIT, you are SO WRONG about front projectors. 1) Only a CRT front projector is worth messing with(WRONG). 2) A 100" screen with 720p will look bad, Period(WRONG again, if you're referring to a front projector).

Agreed!

AND... while I am not going to bash a correctly chosen and setup CRT FPTV, anyone bashing LCD or DLP FPTVs have yet to see a quality unit correctly selected and setup and they should not be dismissed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)