Record HD QAM with vip622?

fallout2600

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
The Northshore, LA
Ok, quick question...I've had Dish for only a few months now, so don't know the answer to this, but has Dish ever had an HD DVR that had a QAM tuner on it to record HD QAM content? If so, is it possible for the 622 to do it? Kinda hard to find a HD QAM recorder for those folks who are out of the OTA viewing range and rely on QAM for there locals in HD if Dish doesn't supply them...

That's pretty much what I figured. Does anyone know of some slick hardware to record HD QAM with? I don't want to go the computer route...I would like to find an HD DVR with QAM tuner support??

I don't believe that there is any work around to get a DISH DVR to record QAM. I believe that some Tivos can do this but they have some limitations.

If there was talk of QAM at Team Summit it may have been how the E* signal would be distributed in say an apartment complex. I cannot find a link to anything like tjhat though.

tahnks Mer. Smith. I am not sure how to get this but it might work. Does anyone know if it unscrambles encrypted QAM?

Didn't Charlie a year or two back say they would be working on a box where if E* didn't carry your HD lil, that is you could subs to the local cable life line service which includes your HD local in qam( if available of course) and just have to plug the cable to antena in and scan.

The Sony DHG HDD 250 and 500 will record hd qam from a cable company and has a cablecard slot, but ebay is about the only source for them as sony discontinued them. Mine works great for OTA hd have not hooked it up to cable yet , but will in the coming weeks during a move.

They're spooling Q-BOX software for 284 receivers:

PID=08F2h
DownloadID:'PKTC'
Upgrading FW: '001E': '0AA1'- 'ZZZZ'
New FW:'001E'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs: '1[3-8]1[A01]' 'RB[BDE][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers: [284] .....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)