Recording and viewing on diff channels

dsam

Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
I have a 522 connected to TV1 where we watch most of our TV.
I set my timer recordings to TV2 (thru Menu>Preferences>Record Plus>Enabled - TV2).
When I try to watch other channels (live TV) on TV1 at the time of a timer recording , I cannot. It reverts back to the channel that is being recorded and if try to change the channel, I get a warning that says the recording will stop if i switch to a diff channel.

Any suggestions ?

thanks

RedHat39 said:
Is possibly someone on the TV2 end cancelling the recording? I've never had this to happen and mine is setup just like yours.

No. TV2 is in our bedroom. No one else has access to it.

If you have Single mode enabled, maybe you just need to press Swap on the remote to switch to the other tuner. I know this doesn't jive with Record Plus (or my assumption that with Single mode it would always use the background tuner first for events), but it's worth a try.

That single mode suggestion sounds right. But also you may have more than one thing recording at the same time and so it's recording to tv1 to record everything. I never heard of this happening otherwise.

When you think you're supposed to be recording something on TV2, does the red record light come on under the TV2 blue light? Or is is under the TV1 green light? Are BOTH red record lights on by chance? That would mean both tuners are recording something.

Another thing to check:
Make sure that you are really watching Live TV. If you paused and re-started the live program you will get the same warning when you try to change channels because you are watching the live TV buffer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)