Recording form Joey to Hauppauge 1600 Video Card Does Work!

cknouf

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Since the Joey has Composite and RCA left & right Stereo out, plus IR support, I went ahead and hooked up to the S-Video port via a Composite to S-Video adapter and RCA to 1/8 in. stereo ports on my Hauppauge 1600 video capture card and the IR Blaster to the front of the Joey. I had to search with the IR Blaster software for the correct Code to Set for the DISH service and chose Code 136, which changes channels correctly. I then brought up my Beyond TV 4, version 4.9.2 on my Win 7, 64bit and was in business. I am sure there will be glitches and I will continue testing various scenarios such as keeping the Joey from going to sleep or be in conflict with my other two Joeys and Hopper. Next, I'll test hooking my my Vulkano to the Hopper. Still haven't got my external HD from my VIP72 system working with my Hopper yet but we did report it to the Advanced Tech team at DISH while the installers were in my home on the 21st. Installation went smoothly since the Columus, OH DISH trainer, who has 16 Hopper installs under his belt already worked with the 1st-time Hopper DISH installer they sent to my home. Yes, it took 3.5 hours for the install and DISH scheduled to to take 2.25 hours but I still was quite happy with how it went and the quality of the finished product that I know will have numerous software upgrades through the Hopper's product life. - Craig

Sorry, Title of thread should have read, "Recording From Joey to Hauppauge 1600 Video Card Does Work! (To fast on the keyboard) :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)